PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is BB pulling an 07 Moss TC with some of these injuries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tombonneau

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
We all remember last camp where Moss hardly played at all and there was interminable speculation about his status, he might get cut, IR'd, etc. Turns out, BB was just playing it safe and Moss was 100%.

With the army of guys BB is keeping out of practice, do you think he is employing the same strategy with a few of the key vets? I'm thinking Harrison & Light specifically? It wouldn't surprise me if a few of these vets had some minor tweaks, and rather than push them, BB is just keeping them on the sideline.

It would seem to make sense, because there are just a ton of guys not practicing and we really haven only heard of a handful of injuries in practice ...

We all remember last camp where Moss hardly played at all and there was interminable speculation about his status, he might get cut, IR'd, etc. Turns out, BB was just playing it safe and Moss was 100%.

With the army of guys BB is keeping out of practice, do you think he is employing the same strategy with a few of the key vets? I'm thinking Harrison & Light specifically? It wouldn't surprise me if a few of these vets had some minor tweaks, and rather than push them, BB is just keeping them on the sideline.

It would seem to make sense, because there are just a ton of guys not practicing and we really haven only heard of a handful of injuries in practice ...

Exactly, BB started this last year with Moss, saw how good it worked and is now expanding his rest procedure to other vets, makes perfect sense to me. You knew BB was going to make changes after the SB loss anyway.

The only thing to the best of my recollection BB didn't sign a WR every other day like he has signed an OL.

Exactly, BB started this last year with Moss, saw how good it worked and is now expanding his rest procedure to other vets, makes perfect sense to me. You knew BB was going to make changes after the SB loss anyway.
Like Light? O'Callaghan?? I don't think so...An OL needs practice as a group..not time not in TC...Webster LSanders?? I don't think so..It could be with harrison as he's the only vet out...we shall see...somehow I doubt it though...

Too much Machiavelli. I can see the Head Trainer being more cautious bringing them back as an adjustment from the injury concerns of past years, but I don't think the Dark Prince of the NFL himself is scheming in this instance.

Too much Machiavelli. I can see the Head Trainer being more cautious bringing them back as an adjustment from the injury concerns of past years, but I don't think the Dark Prince of the NFL himself is scheming in this instance.

Not scheming, playing it safe. He knows what Rodney can do. If he has a twinge in his hammy, why put him on the field; just sit him.

Same with Light. His whole side of the line will be the same one he played 18 games with last year. I don't think he needs these extra reps. If he's a big dinged, why expose him?

Now the Websters & Sanders & Wilhites I think need the reps and can't practice. But vets I'm less concerned with after last year's handling of Moss.

Like Light? O'Callaghan?? I don't think so...An OL needs practice as a group..not time not in TC...Webster LSanders?? I don't think so..It could be with harrison as he's the only vet out...we shall see...somehow I doubt it though...

Light maybe but O'Callaghan is not even close to being a vet:confused:

Given the roster limits, BB is not going to push players back any sooner than he has to. There are still 24 days until kick off vs the Chiefs. Guys like Light, Rodney, and even Sanders all have several years in the system. I think you will see a lot of these guys start to make their way back around the Eagles' game, even if not in time to play in that game. An advantage to managing the roster in such a manner is, it allows BB to provide experience in our system and get an accurate read as to what they can do.

It was a long season last year. Other teams had an extra 5 weeks off. BB is expecting another long season. Let them rest.

The Patriots have played a full season more than many other teams since '01. In fact, has any team even played 10 postseason games since we exceeded 16?

I guess that only applies to about 6 guys now but still, its worth consideration.

The only thing to the best of my recollection BB didn't sign a WR every other day like he has signed an OL.

He also had more roster spots last year than the 80 he has this year. Because of the smaller rosters a lot of teams are churning players at the bottom of their roster. Usually, the Pats have around 86 players in camp because of the NFL Europa roster exemptions.

Do you really think any player they have signed in the last two weeks other than Lynch has a realistic chance of making the roster? I don't even pay attention to most of these moves because it really is background noise.

If Belichick was churning players for the o-line that had a realistic shot at making the 53 man roster, I would be concerned. But as long as he is cutting Future Grocery Store Bagger A for Future Gas Station Attendent B, who really cares? They are just bodies.

Last edited:
The Steelers have 11 in that span.

The Colts are well rested. That's the advantage of several years of "one and done"

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back