PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

interesting BB comment on chad jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
On if receiver Chad Jackson was deactivated for Sunday’s game due to his hamstring flaring up
“He was inactive because we felt like we had other players that were … we felt we put our best 45 out there. That’s the 45 that were active, that’s what we felt those were for this particular game.â€

interesting he didnt mention an injury deactivation...could be some kinda healthy scratch

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

Could it be the "maturity issue"??? Doesn't sound like he was injured, but we all know how BB loves to give out info!:D

mtbykr said:
Could it be the "maturity issue"??? Doesn't sound like he was injured, but we all know how BB loves to give out info!:D
yeah could be a some kinda punishment or something...

That could also mean that his unjury hampered him enough so that there were other players who were better than him at that point.

Classic BB talk. Who really knows....

If that was the case he is a fool, it seems to me that we are very predictable eith this offense. we need to start out strong with mabey some trick plays right out of the box, this would make this team much better.

This team has the talent, they seem to not whant to use it, I dont know why they waited to the second have to put doug in. he seems to be a good WR. to me if we want to win then they better put doug and jackson out thier, instead of troy and cadwell.

this is my concern. that he just doesn't understand enough of the offense.

you can only run so many basic vertical routes on champ bailey

I really hope this kid picks things up because he's obviously got tons of potential

This is how he always answers questions about inactive players, regardless of if it was a broken neck of a healthy scratch.

Let's not get excited here. Brady on EEI this morning said Jackson was a game time scratch because he couldn't get his leg to loosen up. For BB not to give a reason isn't something new.

Brady interview:
http://rope.weei-am.fimc.net/podzinger.htm

Until proven otherwise Chad Jackson = Bethel Johnson.

Born_a_Patriot said:
Fine, until proven otherwise Reggie Bush = Kevin Faulk. In both cases there's every reason to believe it won't be true.

Born_a_Patriot said:

Was does Chad start out being the worst case scenario? Can't we just assume he is what he is, a very talented young receiver who has yet to get healthy enough and stay on the field and really do anything? I don't know why we should immediately assume he is a bust until proven otherwise.

BelichickFan said:
Fine, until proven otherwise Reggie Bush = Kevin Faulk. In both cases there's every reason to believe it won't be true.

Hey don't be ragging on Kevin. He's a very good player and I greatly appreciate what he adds to this team.

(Though I get your point.)

zippo59 said:
Hey don't be ragging on Kevin. He's a very good player and I greatly appreciate what he adds to this team.

(Though I get your point.)
Hey, I love Faulk too. But if Bush ends up having the same career, he'll be a big disappointment.

The_Chuck_Rule said:
GOD...I hope not.

Me too and I said it. But he has to find a way to get out there play.

BelichickFan said:
Hey, I love Faulk too. But if Bush ends up having the same career, he'll be a big disappointment.

It would have more of an affect and be more appropriate if you said Reggie Bush=Lawrence Phillips or Ki-Jana Carter. Those two were both first round picks with big expectations like Bush. Faulk was what a third rounder or so. I don't think anyone expected him to be the next coming of Gale Sayers.

Last edited:
Until proven otherwise in 2006, Tom Brady = John Kitna

Until proven otherwise, Laurence Maroney = Jon Stevens

Until proven otherwise, Dave Thomas = Rod Rutledge

Isn't this fun? :bricks:

zippo59 said:
It would have more of an affect and be more appropriate if you said Reggie Bush=Lawrence Phillips or Ki-Jana Carter. Those two were both first round picks with big expectations like Bush. Faulk was what a third rounder or so. I don't think anyone expected him to be the next coming of Gale Sayers.
Well, we agree. The reason I used Faulk over, say, Phillips, is that Bush was the #2 pick whereas Jackson was just a second round pick. Regardless, we agree that the initial statement was without merit.

Oswlek said:
Until proven otherwise in 2006, Tom Brady = John Kitna

Until proven otherwise, Laurence Maroney = Jon Stevens

Until proven otherwise, Dave Thomas = Rod Rutledge

Isn't this fun? :bricks:

Ooooo I have some more:

Stephen Gostkowski = Doug Brien

Vince Young = Andre Ware

DaBrickishaw Ferguson = Robert Gallery

Mario Williams = Sean Ellis

zippo59 said:
Ooooo I have some more:

Stephen Gostkowski = Doug Brien

Vince Young = Andre Ware

DaBrickishaw Ferguson = Robert Gallery

Mario Williams = Sean Ellis

Good ones, although I would go with Missin' Sisson instead of Brien.

In all serious, I think when all is said and done, Houston will be wishing that Williams was as good as Ellis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back