Imitation Is the Sincerest Form of Flattery - Steelers Board Predicting Blowout

Status
Not open for further replies.

goheels22002

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Alamo,

The Steelers have a guy named SteelerFanInKY who does a nice job with their weekly predict the score contest. Most of the posters over there are picking the Patriots in a blowout. Those that are sticking with a Steelers home win are predicting a squeaker.

It's fun to see another fan base tuned in the way we are. Overall, that's a pretty good board. Their criticisms of Mike Tomlin after losing at Miami seem rational.

Steelers Predict the Score Game Week 7 Pittsburgh vs New England

I thought you were saying the Steelers in a blowout :eek:

Hey Alamo,

The Steelers have a guy named SteelerFanInKY who does a nice job with their weekly predict the score contest. Most of the posters over there are picking the Patriots in a blowout. Those that are sticking with a Steelers home win are predicting a squeaker.

It's fun to see another fan base tuned in the way we are. Overall, that's a pretty good board. Their criticisms of Mike Tomlin after losing at Miami seem rational.

Steelers Predict the Score Game Week 7 Pittsburgh vs New England

I enjoy that on the Pittsburgh board, there are people doing the "Pats*" and "Cheatriots" thing. As if the 1970s Steelers were the paradigm of fair play and virtue.

I don't think we'll blow them out. I'm pretty confident that we'll win if Ben doesn't play. But I think we'll take the chance to take out some injured guys if we have a substantial lead, like 3 TDs. Give guys like Foster and Mingo a chance to play.

I enjoy that on the Pittsburgh board, there are people doing the "Pats*" and "Cheatriots" thing. As if the 1970s Steelers were the paradigm of fair play and virtue.

You don't have to go back to the 70s for the Steelers. After all, that's the team who's head coach actually stepped onto the field in order to interfere with an opponent who was running free for a TD.

You don't have to go back to the 70s for the Steelers. After all, that's the team who's head coach actually stepped onto the field in order to interfere with an opponent who was running free for a TD.
Of course he doesn't play these types of games, but if he did, it'd be hilarious if BB upped sideline security for the team at Heinz Field.

Expected blowouts....

DBa308wq8XTMs.gif

I thought you were saying the Steelers in a blowout :eek:

I was surprised to see so many Steelers posters predicting a Patriots blowout.

Why would you make your prediction now with the status of Roethlisberger in doubt?

If Merrill Hoge picks the Pats in the ESPN panel then maybe it's time to bet the house it's a blowout. :D

We likely would have won the game even with Ben in the lineup. The game will get out of hand without him, especially in the 2nd half.

Best reply on that thread:

"I refuse. I will take the one game penalty, not gonna do it."

Steelers will keep it close, I think, but without Ben, there's no reason the Pats don't win this game. Landry will lock down on one receiver - the pats will have to adjust to stop it. Game over.

They still have dangerous weapons but it would take an awful lot of Patriots mistakes and turnovers IMO for this on to go the Steelers way. Landry is pretty shoddy as backups go.

FWIW, the Patriots will win by double digits again.

some of the biggest douchebags on the internet are located in the steelers forum. i hope we give them a good drubbing.

FWIW, the Patriots will win by double digits again.

The Steelers have yielded the second most yards in the NFL so far. Their secondary sucks, and their front seven is giving up 4.6 yards per rushing attempt.

If the Steelers' offense can't keep Brady off the field with time-consuming drives, this will be a blowout.

I recall that as a (unpunished!) JET accomplishment...

I recall that as a (unpunished!) JET accomplishment...

The Jets situation was a sideline incident. Tomlin actually stepped onto the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents