PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm sick of: BLUEPRINT, CLASSLESS, ASTERISK, RUNNING UP THE SCORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Im sick of: BLUEPRINT, CLASSLESS, FAIRWEATHER FAN, RUNNING UP THE SCORE

Name me one other team that has such an explosive passing offense that they CAN rest their "featured" RB so he'll be fresh for December's cold & snow!

The Colts and the Cowboys and to a lesser extent GB.

Yet none of the teams I mentioned do that...curious...

Re: Im sick of: BLUEPRINT, CLASSLESS, FAIRWEATHER FAN, RUNNING UP THE SCORE

Name me one other team that has such an explosive passing offense that they CAN rest their "featured" RB so he'll be fresh for December's cold & snow!

The Colts and the Cowboys and to a lesser extent GB.

Yet none of the teams I mentioned do that...curious...

Not really. It's a pure supposition to think that New England is even doing that, since it flies directly in the face of Belichick's spoken claims. The problem with your argument (and the argument of many people on the other side of the aisle as well) is that you don't have any idea whatsoever about what's going on with the team. Sadly, even without this knowledge, you're making negative assumptions despite team pronouncements to the contrary.

For the record, anyone who's making the claim that Seymour sucks should be permanently banned from ever posting about football again. There should at least be some minimum level of acumen required.

Re: Im sick of: BLUEPRINT, CLASSLESS, ASTERISK, RUNNING UP THE SCORE

There were things that both teams did that other teams should probably try to emulate if they want to have a chance. Most teams don't have the necessary personnel, but some of the strategies are obvious, and sound.

Personnel is the key here as well as execution. One of the local radio sports talk show hosts made the comment that the "hype" over the "blueprint" is ridiculous because it's makes the assumption that no head coach for any of the other 30 teams ever thought of the same exact things that the Eagles employed:

Pressure Brady, try to shut down Moss, attack the Pat's secondary.

There's no rocket science involved with developing that game plan, but if you don't have the players to pull it off, then you need to try something else. It's in those games that the Patriots rolled because their opponents couldn't implement the same plan.

So, if the Ravens or the Steelers or whoever else says "Hey, let's do exactly what the Eagles did", but they can't cover Moss one-on-one or get to Brady fast enough or hold off the Pat's pass rush to get the ball to WR's on in-routes then guess what......the "blueprint" will fail and the Pat's win big.

Andy Reid put the right players in the right position to try and stop the Patriots and it almost worked. Full credit to him and his players, but enough with "NOW the Patriots are vulnerable". They always were.

Quite a resume you guys have put together this year.

I'm sick of these threads.

I don't get the problem with "blueprint."

I think it's a good, descriptive term that doesn't get overused.

What I really don't understand is why the board went balistic when ESPN took the blueprint angle after the Eagles game. It's a totally legitimate angle, and we did look beatable.

More important, it's a huge compliment. They don't talk about "blueprints" for beating anyone other than the best. People are really fussy here sometimes. Why is it so threatening to think we might be beatable.

Newsflash: We might be.

As I recall, in their game against the Vikings last year (10/30), which they won 31-7 (in a game that was not as close as the score indicated), after the game Steve Young (and later the Minny coach) talked about the Patriots devising the blueprint to beat the Vikings. I don't recall the Vikes being labeled an "elite" team by anyone at the time....

Add to the stupid list:

COLVIN IS MADE OF GLASS! RESTRUCTURE HIM! CUT HIM! WAAAH

"Humble Pie" is starting to annoy me.

"Humble Pie" is starting to annoy me.

Ditto. I'm sick of the players saying it as well as everyone here.

'Statement game' and 'class' needs to be retired from the NFL pundit lexicon. The words have become meaningless.

'Statement game' and 'class' needs to be retired from the NFL pundit lexicon. The words have become meaningless.

Oh hell yeah.... How did I forget that one. CLASSY... That's one we have heard a billion times this season thanks to L.T.'s crying after the playoff game last year. They aren't classy. Their coach isn't classy. The NFL, one the most violent sports in this country, and all you hear is these tough guy athletes, media, etc. crying about how the Pats aren't CLASSY.

Oh hell yeah.... How did I forget that one. CLASSY... That's one we have heard a billion times this season thanks to L.T.'s crying after the playoff game last year. They aren't classy. Their coach isn't classy. The NFL, one the most violent sports in this country, and all you hear is these tough guy athletes, media, etc. crying about how the Pats aren't CLASSY.

Reminds me of a bumper sticker I saw many moons ago...

"Sticks and stones
May break my bones,
But whips and chains excite me!"
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft