PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm looking to go after TMQ, if ESPN has the guts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just went and read that garbage. The man has lost his mind. I read this board all the time but rarely ever post, and I read all the articles on all the sports sites, but rarely ever respond. I couldn't stop myself this time. I posted what I honestly imagine whenever I hear him babbling on and on about the Patriots. This is my comment...

You know what's creepy? Easterbrook's obsession. I got the heebie jeebies reading this article. I imagine the guy pacing nervously in his house, twitching and babbling to himself, "I will not stop defaming the good name of the Patriots and the Kraft organization until it kills me. How can people be over this? I WANT BELICHICK'S HEAD!!!". I see him outside of Coach Belichick's house in the pitch dark of night, ruffling through the trash, trying to find personal possessions. His family worries more and more as Easterbrook disappears night after night for hours. He always arrives back home, hair mussed, clothes rumpled, smelling of trash, mumbling over and over again, "Belichick, evil... Belichick...I'll get him...Belichick, Belichick, Belichick..." The twitching and drooling is worsening. Fearing for his disappearing sanity, they finally call the funny farm people to come and help him. They burst into his room and find him clutching an old, broken hairbrush in one hand, pulling out strands of hair, as he sticks pins into a homemade cloth doll dressed in a gray hoodie with cutoff sleeves. Easterbrook speaks in tongues as he tries to fight off the men in the white coats. They wrap him in a straightjacket and drive off in an ambulance. The last thing his family hears is a strangled, pained, sobbing and choking "BELICHICK, BRADY...EVIL...DIE PATRIOTS!!" The sobs fade away as the ambulance drives off, and his loved ones ponder where they went wrong.

Seriously. The guy's a lunatic.

one of the well written comments on that article was this by a guy called
milinovich

First of all, I am a die hard Packer's fan and couldn't care less about the Patriots. But enough with the criticism already. In the same article he criticizes the Pats for having their starters in the game up 42-14 in the second half (which later became 42-21) and also mention Tennessee had a 32-7 lead and needed a last second field goal to win. Should Tennessee have pulled their starters to show good sportsmanship? Also, give the whole good vs. evil thing a rest. In 2004, the "good" Indianapolis team had a three game
stretch where they won 41 to 10, 41 to 9, and 51 to 24. And by the way, isn't one of the NFL criteria for playoff selection and seeding to total points? As far as the cheating scandal goes, I do not think it tarnishes the Pats legacy and, certainly, the Pats are not the only team to steal signs. As many Packers' fans know, Favre used to have to call fake audibles against the Niners because they stole signals. Does this tarnish San Francisco's Superbowl wins, as well?

Last edited:
I wrote to the ESPN Ombudsman as well. My letter may borderline on a "threat" but I'm so sick of it, I don't care. Here it is:

"The fact that you have allowed Greg Easterbrook to continue on his anti-Patriots mission has finally gone too far. I will no longer read ESPN online and I just wish I had a subscription to your magazine so I could cancel it.

Greg's most recent "article" etitled, "Colts/Patriots Tilt Shaping as Battle of Good vs. Evil" is the finest piece of biased writing I've ever read. Not only is it biased, but Greg continues to push his anti-Patriots agenda through the platform ESPN provides him...that YOU provide for him.

Yes, I'm a Patriots fan. But many others outside the realm of Patriot nation are growing tired of Mr. Easterbrooks mission.

I believe it is time you cut him off at his knees before someone else does.

Sincerely,
Jack XXXXXX"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes