PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Dallas flops in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mesoslo

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
If Dallas flops in the playoffs and loose their first game do you think they will most likely trade both their firsts for the patriots first?

If they flop, it will probably because of their defense. Or, turnovers by Romo. Upgrading a good set of rb's isn't going to get them to the next level. A little more experience by Romo and maybe a burner at wr. Crayton is a ufa.

If Dallas flops in the playoffs and loose their first game do you think they will most likely trade both their firsts for the patriots first?

It depends how the Patriots pick turns out. With SF winning yesterday and all of the other similar record teams losing their games the Pats pick may end up in the 6-10 zone. Other than McFadden (speculation) who else do the Cowboys want or need?

Dallas is soft in the middle of their defense. Teams have been gashing them lately up the gut. Ratliff is no Jamal Williams or Casey Hampton or Vince Wilfork. Canty and Spears are not playing up to par lately.

All that being said however, I could see Jerry being very intersted in C Long, who is a perfect fit in the Wade Phillips version of the 3-4.

It is possible that Carolina and Washington can expose the dallas cowboys and they would be prey in disguise in the playoffs.

They could also loose their remaning 2 games against Carolina and Washington.

That would makes sense to trade up and grab mcfadden. Dallas right now with the 2 first round picks calls the shots. They can put a trade package together to trade up with the patriots a lot better than other teams.

Last edited:
Early in the season opposing defenses were bracketting Whitten a lot and Owens benefitted greatly from this. So then teams started bracketting Owens and Whitten started to get hot.

Philly did to Dallas exactly what they did to us, only better, and they did not over respect Ownes.

I can't see Carolina or Washington having the personnel to play Dallas like Philly did, so if Dallas is to lose their final two games, it won't be because these teams emulated the Philly game plan.
Consistent pressure on Romo seems to be part of the equation in stopping the Dallas offense. (Which anybody could say about any of the other 31 teams.)

Early in the season opposing defenses were bracketting Whitten a lot and Owens benefitted greatly from this. So then teams started bracketting Owens and Whitten started to get hot.

Philly did to Dallas exactly what they did to us, only better, and they did not over respect Ownes.

I can't see Carolina or Washington having the personnel to play Dallas like Philly did, so if Dallas is to lose their final two games, it won't be because these teams emulated the Philly game plan.
Consistent pressure on Romo seems to be part of the equation in stopping the Dallas offense. (Which anybody could say about any of the other 31 teams.)

I didn't see the Dallas - Philly game but I did see Jessica Simpson, she looked really good, pro-bowl level...

When the Pats played Philly I thought JR Reed was the best Safety the Pats had played against all year. He made life miserable for Moss, very physical player.

TO hurt himself on saturday's game, with out TO at 100 percent whitten will be easier to double team.

Dallas might flop.

The giants might come out of the NFC due to their rushing, defense and qb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back