PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ian the Rapper: Morris had torn MCL, could be back for Jets game

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSn

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
FINALLY some news.

BostonHerald.com - Blogs: Rap Sheet Blog Archive Patriots RB Sammy Morris likely back in two weeks

Patriots running back Sammy Morris could be back in two weeks, the Herald has learned.

The veteran suffered a torn MCL on his first carry against the Titans and is close to returning. He’ll miss the Dolphins game and likely the visit to the Colts.

That means he could be back by the Nov. 22 Jets game. In 2009, the veteran has gained 109 yards on 30 carries, but he had been steadily gaining snaps in Fred Taylor’s absence before Morris’ injury.

Last edited:
Re: Ian the Rapper: Morris had torn MCL, could be back for Jets game.

Ouch, never thought it was that severe.

Re: Ian the Rapper: Morris had torn MCL, could be back for Jets game.

sweet, all we need is taylor and green to get healthy.
Don't forget Light . . . we're remarkably healthy all things considered, let's hope it continues.

Re: Per Herald: Morris expected back in 2 weeks

I find it to be almost inhuman how fast players can come back from ligament tears.

I can't wait for Sammy to be back!

This is excellent, excellent news. We need him back in there. If Taylor comes back in December (like originally thought) and we don't see anymore injuries, our RB rotation should be strongest for when we need it most.

Great news. This way he'll be back just in time for Maroney's due injury. Then hopefully Morris won't get hurt again until Taylor comes back. Works out perfect!

Great news. This way he'll be back just in time for Maroney's due injury. Then hopefully Morris won't get hurt again until Taylor comes back. Works out perfect!

Probably true.

I welcome Morris back. I expect him to be used as a short yardage back and to give our #1 back a rest.

Green-Ellis can now go back to being inactive. It was good to have him available for active backup duty when we have two injuries.

I have Sammy as an emergency back in my FF league to fill in when guys get hurt and have lacked having that emergency guy.

YAY! Can't wait to see you back, Sammy the Bull! :singing:

Jsn, I five-starred your thread to help counterbalance your one-star stalker. ;) The news of STB's imminent return only warrants one star? I don't think so! :mad: :D

Last edited:
Saw this last night, great news I was hoping it wasn't season ending. Get healthy Sammy!

Jsn, I five-starred your thread to help counterbalance your one-star stalker. ;)

Seriously, someone's got some serious issues going on. As we say in my native tongue to such folks, "Whaidon Jablomi."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents