PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I wish we had this ref in our last SB appearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada's #1 Pats Fan

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
If this ref would have reffed our last SB appearance we would have more than likely won it. Any time Roethlisberger was in the grasp tonight, the play was blown dead and a sack awarded. Not like E. Manning basically being dragged to the ground then somehow stays upright and throws downfield - all the while the ref is watching this take place.

I hope they never see this crew again. They are AWFUL.

they were doing everything they could to keep the steelers in the game.

You know that was almost 3 years ago now? Some people need to learn to move on.

You know that was almost 3 years ago now? Some people need to learn to move on.

Indeed, it was bad enough having to see the footage last night during TB's interview on the pre-game.

I agree with the 'move on' but it's hard when they play that stupid catch over and over on the NFL films spot on the NFL network. Every time I see that play I want to puke.
I can actually sympathize with Bills fans when they play Wide Right or Homerun Throwback (which IMHO was a lateral) over and over again. ad nauseuem :mad:

The rule is not merely "in the grasp"

Here is the deal. The QB must be in the grasp AND there must be a second defender on the verge of hitting the QB. If there is sole defender trying to take down the QB the play is allowed to continue and the QB can attempt to escape. However, if one defender is holding onto the QB and a second defender is about to come barreling into the QB at full speed the whisle is blown to prevent the QB who is unable to protect himself from the oncoming player to prevent injury.

Rule actually makes sense. And was applied correctly in both this game and the SB.

That game was 3 years ago, the league has changed and is protecting the QBs more and more, thats why you see the whistle blown so quickly now

don't even get me started on the officiating. I was ready to chuck something heavy through the big screen last night. The refs weren't calling crap on the steelers. on their first FG drive, the right tackle basically pulled Crable down by the back of the jersey with the ref right there in front of him. and on Mendenhall's big run, there were 2 blatant hold right in front of the refs and no call.

I wouldn't say the calls were far fetched, but they certainly didn't want to help the Pats at all. It reminded me a lot of the 2007 season when i don't think we won the penalty war against one team all year. Then when Brady goes down the year later we set a record for fewest penalties ever.

Last edited:
they were doing everything they could to keep the steelers in the game.

I agree; that crew sucked, badly.

Now, the Pats absolutely must stop - immediately - committing stupid, needless false start/illegal procedure penalties.

OTOH, that crew was unacceptably substandard in all phases of officiating.
Their ball placement sucked (Mike Wallace DID NOT make a 1st down after Chung flattened him at the end of the 1st qtr), the Gronk OPI near the end of the 2nd qtr was ticky-tack, and...
WHERE THE F#&K WAS THE RTP CALL WHEN THAT DIRTY SCUM HARRISON DOVE STRAIGHT AT BRADY's KNEES WHILE STANDING IN THE POCKET?!?!?!?!?
That one play pissed me off more that night than any other mistake/penalty by the Pats. I'm surprised that someone on the OL or Brady himself didn't get in Harrison's face.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents