PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I Think We Should Try Passing More to Blount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
where the Jets defense is weak is the perimeter of the front 7. the only guy in the front 7 who has above average speed is davis. the rest of 'em are big or old......neither pace, coples, nor harris can stay with lewis

attack the LB's........

where the Jets defense is weak is the perimeter of the front 7. the only guy in the front 7 who has above average speed is davis. the rest of 'em are big or old......neither pace, coples, nor harris can stay with lewis

attack the LB's........

That's one of the reasons why I don't think this game is going to be as close as the pundits think. Lewis and Gronk are going to be match-up nightmares for them. The Pats really won't even have to try to attack their corners (specifically) Revis. I think this is going to be a carbon copy of the 2011 match-ups.

That's one of the reasons why I don't think this game is going to be as close as the pundits think. Lewis and Gronk are going to be match-up nightmares for them. The Pats really won't even have to try to attack their corners (specifically) Revis. I think this is going to be a carbon copy of the 2011 match-ups.

I also think guys like edelman and amendola can get open on guys like revis and cromartie on crossing routes......just as going down a sideline on revis is pretty much a waste of time......

Just watching the 3rd & 14 play in your signature again (never gets old)...I hadn't realized how close Brady was to going over the line of scrimmage.

I've watched Blount and think he just doesn't have a nervous system, has pretty soft hands and there are lots of advantages to having a big back the defense is keying on, go out for a pass instead, rather than always telegraphing it by using a 3rd down back.

Huh? You think he is dumb? Or is that some football expression I have never heard?

Didn't realize the date of the OP initially and I was thinking "what about Lewis" :eek:

That aside Blount's speed in the open field is impressive. I like the idea of an added wrinkle in the power run game which doesn't take any touches away from Lewis rather it adds a different way to get Blount the ball.

Kudos to you for seeing his potential back in June.

Yeah, this isn't about the Jets. I expect to see very little of Blount this game. Just bumping an old thread in light of Blount's nice improv catch for a TD.

I have never heard wind of Blount being dumb, what is the evidence? I considser Patriots players to typically be smart.

I completely agree with Blount getting more touches in the passing game. Blount just needs a little space and there he goes. I would call alot more screen passes to him out of our backfield. Blount's hands in the passing game may be much better than regarded.

I didn't say he was dumb. He is relaxed. You might try an anatomy class.

Umm, brain is part of nervous system. SO you say he has no nervous system, ut you just mean he is relaxed.

Umm, ok. :rolleyes:

You think with your nervous system?:D I have known a few people who seem that way.

Do you know what a nervous system is?

I don't want to embarrass you, but Google is your friend.

Do you know what a nervous system is?

I don't want to embarrass you, but Google is your friend.
038%20Nervous%20system.jpg

Just watching the 3rd & 14 play in your signature again (never gets old)...I hadn't realized how close Brady was to going over the line of scrimmage.

That's not really that close. His whole body needs to be past the line of scrimmage or something for it to be a flag.

That's not really that close. His whole body needs to be past the line of scrimmage or something for it to be a flag.
Just the ball I think...

EDIT: Actually, I think you're right--looks like it has to be the whole body across, so yeah, not so close.

Last edited:
I have never heard wind of Blount being dumb, what is the evidence? I considser Patriots players to typically be smart.

I think he meant he had nerves of steel or doesn't get rattled easy or won't choke in a big situation.

That's what I thought he meant.

I think he meant he had nerves of steel or doesn't get rattled easy or won't choke in a big situation.

Yeah, not sure how you would interpret it otherwise...

Not jumpy. A good trait in a receiver, cornerback or nba shot blocker

I didn't literally mean he doesn't have a nervous system. He wouldn't be able to move his arms and legs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference