Welcome to PatsFans.com

I hope Ian has this website strong enough to hold the invasion of visitors on sunday!

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PATRIOTSFANINPA, Jan 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I don't know what the record is on this site in terms of most visitors in one day but I am sure Sunday will come close to doubling that,maybe triple it.

I know there have been some downtimes with the servers here during high volumes of people visiting during big games and big news involving the Patriots and hope Ian has this site as strong as it can be come sunday at 6:00pm

Its going to need to be

Heres to a strong and uninterrupted Patriots website! :rocker:
  2. BeantownRox

BeantownRox Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Re: I hope Ian has this website strong enough to hold the invasion of visitors on sun

And to a strong and unstoppable Patriots team this Sunday! :D
  3. oldskool138

oldskool138 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

#75 Jersey

Re: I hope Ian has this website strong enough to hold the invasion of visitors on sun

I don't know...it's doing a pretty good job of it now. Not a lot of NY trolls and Giants fans. I'm kinda surprised.
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2008
  4. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +794 / 4 / -5

#75 Jersey

Not many that you see. ;)
  5. shmessy

Ratings:
    +794 / 4 / -5

#75 Jersey

BTW, Ian put in a big site upgrade two weeks ago (the day/night before the AFCCG, ugh). He also has made several enhancements to the site re: troll handling, etc.

No one has any idea what Sunday will bring, but it should be fun!
  6. oldskool138

oldskool138 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

#75 Jersey

And that's a credit to our fantastic moderators! *golf clap*
  7. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I assume the reason why we have not been inundated by Giants trolls and other troll visitors is the fact that the Giants have very little chance of winning this game and they already know that! :cool:
  8. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Yeah Shmessy I am sure Ian will do everything he can to keep the site up and running during the biggest 24 hour period in New England Patriots history from Sunday at 6 to probably late monday afternoon when it will die down just a little bit.
  9. oldskool138

oldskool138 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

#75 Jersey

It's that air of quiet confidence that all Giant's fans possess. ;)
  10. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Ditto .

Good luck for handling the week end traffic , I hope you made some adjustments from last time Hickup.
  11. shmessy

Ratings:
    +794 / 4 / -5

#75 Jersey

See post #5 in this thread.
  12. Watson's IQ

Watson's IQ Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

That's the first time "quiet" and anyone from New York / New Jersey have ever been mentioned in the same breath.
  13. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +173 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

We have had our share of Giants trolls. Some are still with us and some are not.

I think the sorst time for the baord will be right after the game. I know I won't be on during the game, I never do.
  14. Street Scum

Street Scum Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

: :) :) We're just cautious is all. We know one wrong word and.....well, the Big Ban. One piece of advice I can give to Giant's fans,.....use lots of smiley faces. It has some kind of magical soothing effect on the mods.:) :) :
  15. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

see you between 6 and 10 pm ET time. I hope our servers can handle heavy traffice during this time.

Go Pats.!
  16. PatsFanSince74

PatsFanSince74 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +94 / 3 / -1

I'm planning to log in by mid afternoon. expect that postings will get slow around game time and especially after the game.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.