PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I can't really see Moss 23 TDs being eclipsed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Records are made to be broken, and sometime someone may break these. Thats ok we will enjoy them until it happens, and try not to act like the 72 dolphins have hanging on to their legacy.

Records are made to be broken, and sometime someone may break these. Thats ok we will enjoy them until it happens, and try not to act like the 72 dolphins have hanging on to their legacy.

exactly...even if they are broken , they have provided us with enough happiness. iam really very surprised by how the 72 fins have acted this yr. i hope and am confident enough that if any other team comes close in the coming yrs , the current pats players will handle it better.

The thing about Edwards is that you really can't devote too much attention to him because of Winslow. 23 touchdowns is a tremendous achievement, being almost 1.5 per game. But, as Moss showed, it's not impossible, and Moss did it while Welker caught over 110 passes on the same team.

Rice and Moss did it with HOF QB's.

Rice and Moss did it with HOF QB's.

Sure, but Edwards just got 16 with a probable flash in the pan at QB. Edwards has something Rice did and Moss never really has excelled at, and that's the ability to take a 5 yarder and take it to the house. I'm not saying he'll do it, I'm just noting that it's not an impossible record. You want an impossible goal? Find a baseball player to put up Ruth's career numbers.

Last edited:
Moss' record will be broken. He really shouldn't have been close to the record. Rice did it in 12 games. He was on pace for 29, but the strike killed the progress.

Hopefully, it will stand for a decade or two!

23 will be broken , and a running back will break that record .

23 will be broken , and a running back will break that record .

Its very unlikely that a RB will ever have 24 receiving touchdowns. The touchdown record for a season is 31 by LT and only three of those were receiving touchdowns.

Last edited:
.... Because of his height, insane leaping ability, speed, hands and overall talent, Moss has a unique ability to beat double coverage, probably more than any WR ever. ...

Add in
that Brady, on multiple occasions, has extolled Moss' football intelligence.

"Like having another quarterback on the field", is one way he put it.

Imagine their ESP after they've had some time to play together !

After what I've seen lately, anything is possible.

Don't forget, up next is another Tom Brady playing in Junior HS right now, and he's going to hook up with the next Randy Moss, who is also playing in Junior HS.

The game could change again too. It very much favors the offense compared to the previous eras. We don't know what they'll do to the game in the future, but you might expect more rules changes to favor the offense.

The record is enormous, but so was Babe Ruth's and Phil Esposito's and a number of others. Things change, probably not for the better either, and all of a sudden the records finally go down.

Unless Quinn is even better than Charlie ever imagined, Braylon won't break the record.

Why does he have to break it with Quinn?

He is only in his third year. Once he becomes a FA he could have Peyton or Brady throwing to him....

Why does he have to break it with Quinn?

He is only in his third year. Once he becomes a FA he could have Peyton or Brady throwing to him....

The stars have to align for a WR to get to 23 TDs. IMO

1. QB and WR with a special connection
2. A Defense that can get the Offense a lot of opportunities during the season.
3. An Offense that can take pressure off that key WR.
4. An Offensive line that doesn't leak.
5. Good game conditions and several easy games to score big on.

It isn't that easy and I bet a statistician could come up with some
incredible odds of it happening.

It will be broken next year.

BY MOSS!!!

BY MOSS!!!

I certainly wouldn't bet against that!

And, he lost at least two TDs this year, one on a bogus OPI call and one on a dropped ball, that I can think of. With a litle luck, he could have had 25.

Of the three records, Brady's TD record is, IMO, most likely to be broken in "the near future". Afterall it didn't take Brady long to surpass Peyton's 49.

But hell, it could be Brady who breaks his own record and Moss who breaks his own as well!

Bingo!!!

If TB and the Freak stay healthy and get motivated again next year, they could break their marks. But I do think these stats are not as important as winning games, particularly the big kahuna.

//

BY MOSS!!!

Well, it might.

I'm a believer in the fact that this was their "gettin' to know each other" year.

23 is good even for a qb, but I would love to see Moss get 30. I know he could do it, and I guess he has about 5 or 6 years of chances left.

After what I've seen lately, anything is possible.

Don't forget, up next is another Tom Brady playing in Junior HS right now, and he's going to hook up with the next Randy Moss, who is also playing in Junior HS.

The game could change again too. It very much favors the offense compared to the previous eras. We don't know what they'll do to the game in the future, but you might expect more rules changes to favor the offense.

The record is enormous, but so was Babe Ruth's and Phil Esposito's and a number of others. Things change, probably not for the better either, and all of a sudden the records finally go down.

I wish that were true, but I haven't seen anyone in Moss' league come through. I would love for there to be another wr with that type of flair and deep ball skills in the future. I guess TO comes the closest to Moss in terms of physical ability and knack for the primetime plays, but I've never seen anyone else even close. They will probably both end up with somewhere between 150 and 225 tds. I wouldn't be surprised if someone breaks Moss' record though because he's really only had 2 years with good qbs so there might be a lesser guy who plays many years with good qbs (Jerry Rice, Marvin Harrison, cough, cough).

Last edited:
23 is good even for a qb, but I would love to see Moss get 30. I know he could do it, and I guess he has about 5 or 6 years of chances left.

30 in 16 games is like almost 2 a game .... that would be an incredible feat.
Just can't see it happening. I really can't see 25 happening.
PATs won't have same team next year.
Defense may be worst ... teams will see how better to defend Moss in the
PATs system. Right now it looks like an easier schedule but that doesn't
take into account all the FA and draft moves.
Also, this year during off season I see BB reviewing last year and seeing
how much Brady was looking for Moss. He will change that because teams
were learning how to game plan for it. IMO. Moss will still be a big part of
the offense but I bet we see Brady spreading the ball around more.

I think the reason we've had some close games (Colts, Giants, Jets) is because they haven't looked for Moss enough (especially deep) until the end of the game. I would hope that they try to throw it long more in the playoffs. Maybe they are saving some plays.

just look at this year alone, Braylon Edwards had 18 TDs and Terrell Owens had 15 Tds (in 15 games)

If the NFL schedule is lengthened to 18 game receivers will have a true shot at breaking this record.

Sure it will be in more games, but that won't keep it from being a record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft