PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I-95 Exit 9 changing to Exit 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were you around for the Right on Red change? The feds passed a law to allow drivers to take a right on red and rather than abide by that law, the pols in MA made it illegal at 99.9% of the state's intersections and put No Right on Red signs out. Some hack's relative probably made the signs.

The average amount that a state in the US spends for road maintenance per mile was 28K a few years ago. Taxachusetts spent 80K.
LOL, I forgot all about that when the right on red went into effect. So very true, Mass politicians acted like it was the end of the world. If I recall correctly it was put into effect in order to use less gas in response to the OPEC oil embargo. Long lines that stretched down the street to get gas, $5 minimum/maximum of gas, you could only get gas on even/odd dates that corresponded with even/odd final digit on your license plate.

Note: everyone please disregard what I just wrote, it was for historical purposes only. I do not want to have to ban myself for turning a football thread into a political discussion.

Greetings from Exit 104 off I-95 in Georgia.

Welcome Massachusetts to the rest of the US.

I can't tell you how many times I've driven the length of I-95, last month alone I went from DC-GA-DC-MA-RI-DC-GA.

Going south, you always know how many miles you have until the next state, driving north, unless you've memorized how many miles are in each state, you have no idea.

It actually makes sense, now when you create a new exit, you don't have to change the exit numbers of all the other exits. I'm sure Mass was gong to lose federal highway dollars if they didn't comply. I'm also sure the usual suspects, each have their hand in the cookie jar for their piece of the construction money.

As long as my GPS has the correct exit number I'm good, they can call it whatever they want,

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST