PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How bad is Chad Jackson right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you think the Pats will play the B team against the Titans? They are, very much, fighting for play-off seeding.

At worst, they're the #4 seed, and the best they can do is #3 -- a bye is out of reach. In pretty much this exact situation last year, the Pats played mostly subs for 3/4 of the game in Miami last year.

I imagine they'll handle the Titans game similarly, though I suppose you never know.

They didn't have a lot of passing snaps after the game was salted away, as you say. So, why would Jackson see the field?

Well, he actually did see the field for a fair number of running plays, w/ Kight + Gaffney more likely to be on the field during passes.
So, what you are saying is that BB has lied to everyone so far each time he has given Jackson praise. Which has been several times. I will take BB over you.

I'm not saying that at all. You seem to have grossly mistaken my meaning. I don't think BB is unhappy w/ Jackson at all, though perhaps, like most of us, disappointed that unfortunate injuries have slowed the kid's progress in his rookie year.

I'm only saying that how much playing time Chad Jackson gets if the Pats play their 2nd and 3rd stringers will give us a clue as to whether his lack of playing time comes from his being low on the depth chart, or because the coaching staff is worried about running him too much w/ his groin and hammy problems.

im going to refrain from the whole "is he a bust" or "is he bad" because im so f*ckin sick of it...the kid OBVIOUSLY has some type of attitude problem

his body language tells me so, as does his playing time...

i think next year he will be good but i expect NOTHING from him for the rest of the year and i dont think we need him...he could be a huge threat for us in the future but hes going to have to develop into one because he is obviously not ready...i heard pre-draft he wasnt as ready for the NFL as some other WR.

and i dont even think its his ability to run routes or catch a damn ball..i think its allll in his head

we will never know ....i have a bad feeling that we are going to get a CJ thread every week until week 1 next year...when he can come out and prove himself

in the meantime...i think we have one of the best offenses in the league when healthy...watson/graham/thomas are the best TE group in the league and dillon/maroney are one of the best RB too (at least top 5)...gaffney, brown, caldwell are all great for short patterns which is our style anyways....

all we need to do is throw short, keep up a decent running game, hit our TE's when we really need them i think we can hang with any team... even the almighty Bolts

The one time I agree with NEM is that the pass to CJ was an ill-fated call. The DB was playing up too close. Bad call, in that particular instance.

Go back and look at the play. Brown crossed Jackson on a sideline out pattern that was intended to pull the DBs with him. Remember, the Pats had been throwing the out pattern to Brown the entire game.

The DBs didn't bite, so the play didn't work. But, the idea behind the play call looked pretty good. Too bad the other team gets paid, too.

NEM said:
Hopefully he is not , yet, another victim of BB's ire.

Much more likely that BB is playing a motivational mind game with Jackson - not because Kight is better than Jackson, but to make a point with Jackson, such as (hypothetically) that Kight is working harder in practice.

At worst, they're the #4 seed, and the best they can do is #3 -- a bye is out of reach. In pretty much this exact situation last year, the Pats played mostly subs for 3/4 of the game in Miami last year.

Yes, and last year was the difference between playing Jacksonville and then Denver or the Steelers and then the Colts. Even last year I would have taken the Steelers/Colts route instead of Jacksonville/Denver and said so then.

I imagine they'll handle the Titans game similarly, though I suppose you never know.

I think that the Patriots will go full bore on this game. As others have said, you want to go into the play-offs on an up note. Vince Young and the Titans are a very good team and they can be dangerous. The Patriots can't afford to get blown out of this game and go into the play-offs on a sour note.

Reggie Wayne- 30th pick over all in 2001 draft.Rookie season:played in 13 games;27 Rec,345 yds,0 Td's.

He was a first year bust?

Yes, and last year was the difference between playing Jacksonville and then Denver or the Steelers and then the Colts. Even last year I would have taken the Steelers/Colts route instead of Jacksonville/Denver and said so then.

A lot of people speculated that the Pats tanked the game in Miami so they'd play the Jags instead of the Steelers in the WC round. I never bought into that. I simply assumed that BB was using week 17 as an ersatz bye week, and it had nothing to do with who we ended up playing. Makes much more sense to me to just worry about making sure the Pats are in position to play their best football, and let whom they play work itself out.

I think that the Patriots will go full bore on this game. As others have said, you want to go into the play-offs on an up note. Vince Young and the Titans are a very good team and they can be dangerous. The Patriots can't afford to get blown out of this game and go into the play-offs on a sour note.

I think the players' physical state is more important to worry about then their emotional one -- that is to say, I think the concrete benefits of getting guts rested up for a playoff run far outweighs the intangible benefits, if there actually are any, of going into the playoggs "on an up note."

Jackson is my least favorite player on this team right now...there with invisible man M Hill.

I had hopes for some sort of contribution, but when Kight and Childress look comparatively good, and you look like a typical Florida WR BUST....well, it is what it is.

This guy is a bum.

Jackson is my least favorite player on this team right now...there with invisible man M Hill.

I had hopes for some sort of contribution, but when Kight and Childress look comparatively good, and you look like a typical Florida WR BUST....well, it is what it is.

This guy is a bum.

Chad Jackson will be productive, probably not this year, but he will be a contributor.

This guy is a bum.

I have been biding my time in selecting replacements for Klecko and Beisel.

But just think! We are about 5 months away from:

No Way Chad Jackson Makes This Team!

This guy is a bum.
:rolleyes:

Hill has been on the team 4 years now.
Kight has been in the league three years and was healthy through camp to learn the offense.
Childress was on the Patriots last year and was healthy through camp this year.

Florida WR ??? Irrelevant since it's a different system now. Go and read what Belichick thinks of Meyer's offense as it relates to the transition of WR to the NFL.

Whatever.

:rolleyes:

Hill has been on the team 4 years now.
Kight has been in the league three years and was healthy through camp to learn the offense.
Childress was on the Patriots last year and was healthy through camp this year.

Florida WR ??? Irrelevant since it's a different system now. Go and read what Belichick thinks of Meyer's offense as it relates to the transition of WR to the NFL.

Whatever.

OK, so you are an apologist for a 1-2 round WR who has appeared to have written off his rookie season to a tight hammy, sore ego, and a bad attitude.

It just seems to me that CJ just doesn't fit in here. You can make excuses for him, or for why Childress and Kight would theoretically be ahead of him, but IMO this guy was a wasted pick.

Time will tell. whatever

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand