PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How about a fullback?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

He's a free agent at the end of the year. I mentioned this after the Pats/Packers game. I'd love for the Pats to add him.
He's be the type of FB we haven't had since Marc Edwards..

I haven't heard this talked about for awhile, but is it worth a roster spot for a fullback? That type of power could have helped yesterday. I could have seen Heath Evans running over those little defensive backs while they keep rotating in Woodhead and Green-Ellis.

I think this is the end of the road for F Taylor and S Morris. Why not make the team more versatile with a guy who adds an extra skillset, rather than just putting some backups on the roster that are never trusted anyway.

Thoughts?

Well...they had enough roster space to keep an injured Dlineman or 2 who would eventually just go to the IR list anyways.
I think a good FB would be a great idea for this team.
Providing he's capable of pass catching as well.

Are there any linebackers that serve as FBs? They seem to have the right physical skills to be fullback replacements.

I don't buy it. Adding a FB subtracts a TE. Is this offense going to improve by taking Hernandez and Gronk off of the field?

Using the defensive linemen as fullbacks was a nice wrinkle, until it killed Seymour's Patriots career.

Dan Connoly was doing a nice job at FB, until we needed him to start.

I think I'd rather see an athletic rotational lineman, or a younger mauling type blocking TE than a FB. I just don't see much role for a FB on this team.

I don't buy it. Adding a FB subtracts a TE. Is this offense going to improve by taking Hernandez and Gronk off of the field?

Using the defensive linemen as fullbacks was a nice wrinkle, until it killed Seymour's Patriots career.

Dan Connoly was doing a nice job at FB, until we needed him to start.

I think I'd rather see an athletic rotational lineman, or a younger mauling type blocking TE than a FB. I just don't see much role for a FB on this team.

A 6ft 260lb FB is a different animal than 6'7 265lb Gronk, that FB is going to be able to run people over and wear down an opposing defense in ways that the TE cannot. That FB can also be a ball carrier, guys like Kuhn and Hillis have shown us firsthand how effective they can be carrying the ball.

We already have Fred Taylor and Sammy Morris on the roster and they don't do much, hook me up with a FB in one of those roster spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back