PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hey Guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its the bye week, let me have my friggin distractions this week. :)

Best play of the season would have to be two plays.

Both end zone catches by Moss against Miami.

I MEAN HAVEN'T WE ALL WANTED TO DO THAT TO MIAMI FOREVER??????????

Good idea for a thread.

My favorite plays were the back to back TDs to Moss in the Miami game. I love how Brady threw them (or at least one of them) after a bad play (he was sacked before the second one, I believe). It was the ultimate "Oh yeah? Well, **** you!" Couple that with the announcers' reactions("Stop it!" Stop it!" to the first catch and "This is unbelievable!" to the second) and it was just awesome.

Hey, awesome choice! ;)

Yea, have to go with Bellachick's choice. What was also great is hearing the commentary afterward from the media. Collinsworth to Costa: it was like Brady was telling Randy, hey Randy, see if you can catch this one.

I have that game TIVOed and I have watched those two TDs at least once a day since they happened.

The only bummer is the Dolphin injury after the second TD. I have to watch that poor guy getting hurt over and over.

My favorites are a blur of the 3-4 by Moss vs Miami.
Vrabel doing his best dwight freeney spin around the end.
Wilfork chasing em down in the flats.
I could keep going...heh.
Just seeing Teddy out there.
Celtics looked just incredible tonight.
Times are really good.
I really appreciate it.
Saw Cousy and Bill and 17 at the gaaden,
the Pats at BU field as a little kid.
Orr's bruins,Yaz,Bird.

I swear i think i saw the Pats at fenway once.
Some mixed up memories there.

I think of my Dad,never saw this,my Uncle Vic,who I swear went to 40 Sox games a year for 40 years.
Never faltered.
I am a lightweight compared to that.
So I really do appreciate what we have right now,
all around.
:)

Hmmm. John, you bitin' blog post ideas man?;)

November 7th, 2007
Give them a hand
Posted by John Tomase at 4:58 pm

So now that the bye week is upon us, we’re curious — what are your favorite plays of the first nine weeks of the season? There are no shortage of highlights, from Randy Moss’s acrobatics, to Adalius Thomas’s interception return for a TD against the Chargers, to Donte’ Stallworth’s magic in the open field.

What’s the team’s best offensive play of the season? What was Tom Brady’s best throw? What’s your defensive highlight? Fill the comments section below with your superlatives, and we’ll post some of the best later in the week.

My favorite play was Jarvis Green's forced fumble on Manning and subsequent catch by Rosie so the Refs couldn't screw us and say it was an incomplete pass.

My favorite play was Jarvis Green's forced fumble on Manning and subsequent catch by Rosie so the Refs couldn't screw us and say it was an incomplete pass.

I too wondered what would have happened had that ball hit the ground........that aside....my favorite play would have to be Randy's TD catch against the Jets where he completely split the D...........at that moment I knew we had the Randy Moss of old and it was going to be a great season.

I loved Randy beating TRIPLE coverage on the Jets TD.

Andrews' kickoff return against Miami was awesome. You could sort of see Hobbs had a lane against the Jets, but Andrews had to make his way through a jungle of players for his TD.

Forum posters and football writers (I refuse to use the word journalists) are a microcosm that doesn't represent the world at large.

My best friends out here, the ones where we get together and BBQ on weekends, are Raiders, Colts, Lions, Steelers, Cowboys and Rams fans. I think Spygate was mentioned a couple of times early on in the season just to mess with me. No one thinks it's a big deal. It honestly hasn't been mentioned in weeks.

I've been a Pats fan since Grogan was QB, but only on this forum a few months. There's a lot more tinfoil hats in here than out there. :)

I enjoy every win 100% no regrets. And my favorite moments this year? A tie between Moss' second TD catch in Miami where he just snagged it in the crook of his arm, and Wilfork saying "I turned on the speed, but I didn't show it all."

Here's another:

In the preseason game against Carolina, where Maroney got like 7 straight touches. I know he hasn't fully panned out yet, but that was the moment where I was like, wow. The offensive talent on this team could make this year something special.

Which brings up another point: Why not run more toss sweeps with Maroney? I don't think he's a North-South back. You gotta find him some space to juke people out.

Did you hear, the Patriots are 9-0?

It's hard to tell with the way this board is so incessantly focused on freaking out about any percieved slights anywhere in the known universe.

Yes, nasty things are being said about the Pats. It comes with the territory, they're 9-0 and threatening every significant record in the NFL. Who cares about all the hate? You're feeding it by being so uptight... I swear, the Bills board is probably calmer than ours...

So. Take a deeeeep breath. Reeeeeeeeeelax.

And let's talk some football.

What has been, up to this point, your one favorite play of the season for the Pats?

I'm going to go with the AD pick-6 against Rivers. Brilliant defensive scheme, designed for the Chargers and their short dumpoffs to LT. Play a soft zone with the DBs and bring the MLB into the flat at the last minute. Genius.

At the risk of sounding overly sarcastic, howabout a thread discussing whether the Pats would be 9-0 if they didn't use these types of slights as something to rally around?

I mean, you really want to have your cake and eat it too, huh?

I mean did you REALLY not know that this team LOVES to focus on such slights? Did you miss Seymour coming right out and saying how much they love it when comments like Shula's are made and how the team responds?

I'm glad fans are doing their part to collect the locker room material - they deserve thanks for the perfect season thus far. Thank God no one is listening to those calling for an "end" to discussion about Spygate.

You can have an undefeated team and deal with discussion of "slights" - or you can have a team that has a mark in the loss column.

Your choice - pick one.

At the risk of sounding overly sarcastic, howabout a thread discussing whether the Pats would be 9-0 if they didn't use these types of slights as something to rally around?

I mean, you really want to have your cake and eat it too, huh?

I mean did you REALLY not know that this team LOVES to focus on such slights? Did you miss Seymour coming right out and saying how much they love it when comments like Shula's are made and how the team responds?

I'm glad fans are doing their part to collect the locker room material - they deserve thanks for the perfect season thus far. Thank God no one is listening to those calling for an "end" to discussion about Spygate.

You can have an undefeated team and deal with discussion of "slights" - or you can have a team that has a mark in the loss column.

Your choice - pick one.

Rather over simplified logic, IMO.

My best friends out here, the ones where we get together and BBQ on weekends, are Raiders, Colts, Lions, Steelers, Cowboys and Rams fans. I think Spygate was mentioned a couple of times early on in the season just to mess with me. No one thinks it's a big deal. It honestly hasn't been mentioned in weeks.

You've got some good friends.

My step-dad went om vacation to the Grand Canyon recently and wore his Pats x3 Superbowl (am I allowed to say that or do I have to say "Big Game" :rolleyes: ) hat. All he heard was "cheater" this and "spygate" that.

My favorite play will be when it's 1st & 10 and the Pats have the ball on their own 12. Brady hits Jackson on a 22 yd slant and he breaks it for a TD leaving Troy Pollyanna in a cloud of hair spray.

The first Brady to Moss TD of the season at the Meadowlands. I was there with all of my Jets buddies smirking on the outside, but laughing hysterically on the inside!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back