PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Here's a new twist

Status
Not open for further replies.

fourhour

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Former NFL official rips Roger Goodell, instant replay

“The League is predictably handling the issue no differently than the others that characterize Commissioner Roger Goodell’s regime: arbitrary punishment of an individual for a fast public relations fix,” Green wrote. “It’s a reactive approach that may give some short-term satisfaction to one team’s fans, but it doesn’t address improvement.”

I don't see anything new about this. I think we universally agree this is Goodell's MO.

Any ripping of Goodell is a good ripping of Goodell. Referees, players, owners: all have a reason to see Goodell gone lately.

I don't see anything new about this. I think we universally agree this is Goodell's MO.

Who is "we" brother? If I understand your usage, it constitutes a tiny microscopic sliver of the public domain. The rest of the domain is informed almost exclusively from something in headline form (especially "You won't Believe This____" or "The Outrage is ____", does not exceed 10 words in length, and does not contain any words not in common usage on the Kardashians, MTV or a beer commercial.

However, sometimes a glimmer of light can peak through the darkness of the sealed off echo chamber that is the public domain. It almost always is because of the weight of the repetition of what is actual reality. So a former official stating what Goodell really is and getting that statement to appear in media is a good thing (it adds 3.5 grams to the weight of the repetition :)).

I did not realize Blandino never officiated a game. That's news to me and absolutely ridiculous.

I was referring to "arbitrary punishment of an individual for a fast public relations fix" as Goodell's MO.

I did not realize Blandino never officiated a game. That's news to me and absolutely ridiculous.

Hes another clueless, brainless, hopeless, ****less, soulless, lying, administrative hack whos difference-making, game-changing executive leadership entails clipping his toenails at his desk and asking Woody Johnson for free Listerine.

....and has green blood coursing though his veins- just like the rest of them.

The 42-year-old Blandino has never officiated a game. A 1994 graduate of Hofstra University on Long Island, he used to play pickup basketball with Jets players whose training base was at the school. He joined the NFL's officiating department in 1994 as an intern, working under Jerry Seeman, the longtime head of officials.

Ever since, Blandino has immersed himself in all aspects of officiating, much as a former public relations intern named Roger Goodell did in learning every facet of NFL business. Blandino worked as an officiating video assistant, a special projects coordinator, an NFL instant replay official — handling two Super Bowls and two conference championships — and then managed the league's instant replay program from 2003 to 2009.

Dean Blandino, NFL's officiating chief

CTE5e6iWwAABZ28.jpg:large

Great article, great ex-ref, I admire his guts.

Still don't know about the Roeth thing but the NFL saying the Bengals dude was outside the coaching area was the biggest crock of poop.

.....and the Luck injury investigation will commence any millennium or now.

Wasn't the Bengals thing "PROVEN" to have been on a legal part of the sideline? The Roethlisberger cell phone thing is far from "PROVEN" as well, although I still lean toward it being a cell phone. The rib injury...yeah, no excuse there. But this image seems a bit sensationalist. Could have used better examples because those examples do exist.

Wasn't the Bengals thing "PROVEN" to have been on a legal part of the sideline? The Roethlisberger cell phone thing is far from "PROVEN" as well, although I still lean toward it being a cell phone. The rib injury...yeah, no excuse there. But this image seems a bit sensationalist. Could have used better examples because those examples do exist.

Just emphasizing how the League can pick and choose on what it decides is worthy of investigating. I admit though, they aren't really disturbing events....but neither is two one-hundredths of air pressure in a football :cool:

The Big Ben thing was bologny: that wasn't a phone. I thought it was at first but Chatham's article debunked it really well.

Like manipulating and falsifying a players testimony and saying that he destroyed his phone when he didn't?

Like pleading ignorance to a woman getting her face smashed in an elevator?

Like fabricating a "bounty" scandal which was proven false?

Like circumventing the NFL Bylaws so he can make memos official league policy and victimize an NFL team of a practice going on 40 years and suddenly call it cheating?

But is all about Protecting The Shield with Integrity and Transparency.

Hes a freaking slime.

There is no other way to say it.

Like manipulating and falsifying a players testimony and saying that he destroyed his phone when he didn't?

Like pleading ignorance to a woman getting her face smashed in an elevator?

Like fabricating a "bounty" scandal which was proven false?

Like circumventing the NFL Bylaws so he can make memos official league policy and victimize an NFL team of a practice going on 40 years and suddenly call it cheating?

But is all about Protecting The Shield with Integrity and Transparency.

Hes a freaking slime.

There is no other way to say it.

You don't need to convince me that Roger Goodell is one of the lowest forms of life, believe me.

Lol. Referees and the Patriots. The two NFL groups least likely to get any sympathy from anyone when it comes to arbitrarily excessive discipline. Let me know when something happens to Indy or Green Bay. Then people will start to give a ****

You don't need to convince me that Roger Goodell is one of the lowest forms of life, believe me.
Ha. Just adding some supportive facts :D

I hate the man. I'm up there with @Joker now.

I want him jailed for RICO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back