PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Here's a LB Nobody is Talking about

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need not abandon the philosophies that have gotten us so far, but modifications can constantly be made as the game changes and as certain opportunities present themselves.

Many teams are seemingly overvaluing some of these athletic DE/OLBs, hoping they will be drafting the next Harrison, Porter, Ware or Merriman. Also, because so many teams are now interested in this same style pass-rushing player, some of the more talented 4-3 style guys may fall in value, which will make our scouts work hard to determine if these guys can have effective roles in an unconventional BB defense.

6'4" pass rushing OLBs don't grow on trees, and right now they are an absolutely hot commodity. While it would be lovely to get one in the draft, I don't see Everette Brown, Maybin or Cushing necessarily being available at 23, nor do I see them as locks to succeed in our system.

That said, look at the sack leaders for the past season and you will see all the guys have one thing in common: speed for their respective position . Ware, Porter, Abraham, Harrison, J. Allen, Peppers, Tuck, Mario, Woodley, Mathis, and Freeney. All those guys would be OLBs if they converted to our system. I think it is important that we get somebody, whether in the draft of free agency, who can win one on one matchups and get to the QB from that position.

Last edited:
Took forever but i know you would agree with me!:woohoo::disagreement:

Ummm.. I didn't agree with you at all. I contradicted you. But I guess that you deluding yourself is the only way for you to think you actually proved something.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes