Status
Not open for further replies.

Box_O_Rocks

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Hawkins hoping to help New England ‘D’

http://www.telegram.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060731/NEWS/607310620/1009

Hawkins admitted switching positions was a challenge, but rose to it. He said last season, “I regained my love for the game†playing a new position.
-----
“I don’t know the status of what’s going to happen,†Hawkins said, “but I wanted to come in in good shape and contribute early. I wanted to come in with my feet on the ground and running and I think that accomplished that.â€

Of course, Hawkins noted, there’s a big difference coming in at the start of training camp than midway through the season like he did last year.

“It’s a lot better being here at the onset when you can sit down and learn everything day to day with everyone as opposed to getting here late and having to play catchup,†Hawkins said. “I’m more comfortable in that sense.â€

Hawkins said secondary coach Joel Collier and Pees, who coached the linebackers last season, were very helpful during his transition period.

This offseason, Hawkins worked out with Harrison.

“Rodney has been a big help,†Hawkins said. “I got to pick his brain a little bit this offseason and, more importantly, I just got to be around him, see how he works out and how he approaches the game. Thatcan help me with my approach.â€

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick