PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Has anyone read Michael Holley's Patrot Reign?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drew made the pats relevant. Before Drew the pats were an absolute laughingstock. Brady and BB brought them to the next level, but it all started with Drew. It is a shame that people only remember when he became a complete statue at the end.

I encourage you to write Hall of Famers Mike Haynes and John Hannah and their teammates like Sam Cunningham, Stanley Morgan, Julius Adams, Ray Hamilton, Ray Clayborn, Russ Francis, Steve Nelson, Steve Grogan, etc. and tell them how their Patriots teams were an absolute laughingstock. Be sure to tell them how irrelevant they were. Tell Gino Cappelletti, Nick Buoniconti, Houston Antwine, Jon Morris, and the families of Jim Nance and Jim Lee Hunt. Tell Chuck Fairbanks and Raymond Berry. Tell great coaches like Red Miller and Ron Erhardt and Jim Mora and another assistant by the name of Bill Parcells. The list goes on, believe it or not.

You know what else is a shame? When people who so clearly have no idea what they are talking about still elect to offer their uninformed opinion with such confidence.

Next time instead of making a totally cliched and completely incorrect post, use the time more wisely and maybe learn a little bit about the history of the team. No, they weren't the Packers or Dolphins or Steelers, but there were many seasons that we can look fondly back on, with our heads up.

And for what its worth, I saw every down in Drew's career as a Patriot. There has never been a more overrated, overstated player in the FORTY-NINE year history of the team. And it was Parcells who made the Patriots 'relevent' again after four consecutive losing seasons from 89-92.

Go to school on it and then talk about it.

Last edited:
Imagine how interesting a Belichick written book would be? The stories he could tell...

You're not kidding. I've often thought a BB read would be the ultimate.

Somehow, I don't think writing one is his style.

Awesome book. Takes you from 2000 thru the 2003 season.

Interesting take on the "Drew Bledsoe is Mr Wonderful" myth. According to Holley, on the inside of meetings with coaches, Bledsoe was a royal pain that season. He made the QB meetings very tense and he pouted constantly.

He didnt respond to Belichicks letters regarding training camp and basically forced the trade.

to his credit, Drew was ok in public, but he WAS a disrruption on that team and per Holleys book, the players felt it.

and by the way, his hand clapping and woweee i can play behavior when Brady got hurt in Pittsburgh and his crying on the field when they won always showed me that to Drew, it was always about Drew.

Get the book, its a great read.

Surprisingly, I have not read "Patriot Reign" :confused2:

I encourage you to write Hall of Famers Mike Haynes and John Hannah and their teammates like Sam Cunningham, Stanley Morgan, Julius Adams, Ray Hamilton, Ray Clayborn, Russ Francis, Steve Nelson, Steve Grogan, etc. and tell them how their Patriots teams were an absolute laughingstock. Be sure to tell them how irrelevant they were. Tell Gino Cappelletti, Nick Buoniconti, Houston Antwine, Jon Morris, and the families of Jim Nance and Jim Lee Hunt. Tell Chuck Fairbanks and Raymond Berry. Tell great coaches like Red Miller and Ron Erhardt and Jim Mora and another assistant by the name of Bill Parcells. The list goes on, believe it or not.

You know what else is a shame? When people who so clearly have no idea what they are talking about still elect to offer their uninformed opinion with such confidence.

Next time instead of making a totally cliched and completely incorrect post, use the time more wisely and maybe learn a little bit about the history of the team. No, they weren't the Packers or Dolphins or Steelers, but there were many seasons that we can look fondly back on, with our heads up.

And for what its worth, I saw every down in Drew's career as a Patriot. There has never been a more overrated, overstated player in the FORTY-NINE year history of the team. And it was Parcells who made the Patriots 'relevent' again after four consecutive losing seasons from 89-92.

Go to school on it and then talk about it.
Wow, a well-deserved and eloquent b-slap...nicely put and absolutely correct.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft