PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Harris, Spencer, Siler, Pozlunzy, Woodley, Abiamiri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely you jest, good man.
Frequently, and with a straight face to boot! But while Harris is one of the better options for a 3-4 ILB, I'm not convinced he is the best value at the end of round one. If I were the poor talent evaluator being put on the spot by BB come draft day, and asked to pull a rabbit out of the "2nd round pool" I'd be looking at Leonard, Gonzalez, Wilson, Ugoh, Datish, Miller, Boss, etc. and fervently praying. Lucky me I'm just an amateur prognosticator on a message board glaring out the window at the fresh snow coming down.

Frequently, and with a straight face to boot! But while Harris is one of the better options for a 3-4 ILB, I'm not convinced he is the best value at the end of round one. If I were the poor talent evaluator being put on the spot by BB come draft day, and asked to pull a rabbit out of the "2nd round pool" I'd be looking at Leonard, Gonzalez, Wilson, Ugoh, Datish, Miller, Boss, etc. and fervently praying. Lucky me I'm just an amateur prognosticator on a message board glaring out the window at the fresh snow coming down.

I agree that Harris' best value is not at the end of round 1. Before I consider an offensive position, however, I would first see what CBs and Ss remain on the board.

Damn the Seahawks. If they had lost at StL and vs. GB, which they should have, we would have the 11th pick of the first round.

I agree that Harris' best value is not at the end of round 1. Before I consider an offensive position, however, I would first see what CBs and Ss remain on the board.

Damn the Seahawks. If they had lost at StL and vs. GB, which they should have, we would have the 11th pick of the first round.
Damn the Seahawks indeed!

As to your CB/S point above, there is no S with a presumed first round grade I would wish to spend a first round pick on. Assuming Landry is the first Safety taken, none of the others have what I'm looking for in a SS (some beef to go with the talent). Which eliminates Safety at the end of round one for me, CB works the same way, Revis and Hall will most likely be gone before 24, none of the others presumed to have first round grades appeal to me at that price. I would be more comfortable looking down into round two and taking a Josh Wilson or an A.J. Davis because I see them as better fits for the Patriots' defense then a Ross or Houston.

Damn the Seahawks indeed!

As to your CB/S point above, there is no S with a presumed first round grade I would wish to spend a first round pick on. Assuming Landry is the first Safety taken, none of the others have what I'm looking for in a SS (some beef to go with the talent). Which eliminates Safety at the end of round one for me, CB works the same way, Revis and Hall will most likely be gone before 24, none of the others presumed to have first round grades appeal to me at that price. I would be more comfortable looking down into round two and taking a Josh Wilson or an A.J. Davis because I see them as better fits for the Patriots' defense then a Ross or Houston.

I, too, prefer SSs who are, you know, strong. That's why I look forward to seeing what Mel Mitchell brings to the party, besides ST play.

What about FS? After all, Rashad Baker finished the AFCC. Nuff sed. Wilson is unreliable, and Hawkins deteriorated rapidly in the playoffs. Scott and Gay could go there as well, but Scott is older than Hawkins, and Gay is as reliable as Wilson. Michael Griffin carries a late 1st-round grade, is excellent on ST, and is of impeccable character. I also wish that the FO would address the FS position during free agency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back