PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk talks more trash via Instagram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my God you are really intent on winning this aren't you. It's semantics. Neither Brady nor Gronk are posting. That's my point. Brady might have approval, but he's not sitting there photoshopping himself onto a damn Jaguar and posting it. The whole approval/non approval thing is irrelevant

If you want to ignore the wrong point you made in favor of the ridiculous point no one is arguing with, fine.

I have never understood the idea that an opponent will all of a sudden care about winning and play better against you if you say something bad about them.
Its really silly.
I said the exact same thing in another thread.

I can understand material like this "waking a team up" for a regular season game, but I just can't imagine that it will make someone "try harder" for a championship game.

"Rodney is the wrong guy to rile up before a game," Patriots linebacker Willie McGinest cautioned. That's because Harrison has a knack for making people eat their words.

But when I get on the field, my emotions are raw and come out. There's only one way to play, and that is with emotion and aggression."

It bothered Harrison that some football pundits saw the Pittsburgh Steelers as the team "destined" for Jacksonville while ignoring the defending NFL champions.

So Harrison, an 11-year veteran and all-pro, went out against the Steelers last week on Pittsburgh's Heinz Field and made a difference. He returned a pass from Pittsburgh quarterback Ben Roethlisberger a team-record 87 yards for a touchdown.

In the Patriots' divisional playoff game against the Indianapolis Colts a week earlier, Harrison had a forced fumble and an end-zone interception of Peyton Manning during the Patriots' 20-3 rout. Harrison had been angry at Colts kicker Mike Vanderjagt the entire week for his pronouncement that the Patriots were "ripe for a picking."

"We had to sit back and absorb 'Vanderjerk' talking smack," Harrison said. "It really gave us that added thump. . . . You welcome the challenge. I mean, they say we can't cover."

Taunt at your own risk Rodney Harrison doesn't speak much - but he hits hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back