PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk returns to WWE - Feud with Jinder Mahal

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was a young kid, once I realized it was "fake" (I know some would argue this, but at the very least the outcomes are pre-determined) I completely lost interest because it no longer seemed like a real sport, to me as a kid it was "pretend fighting" and thus boring. And, I can honestly say I don't know a single soul on this earth who watches it.

However, you are right that it seems to be very popular. On his podcasts Bill Simmons talks about how much fun he has taking his kid to matches, and I guess I can kind of see it, I guess it is more like a over-the-top show or performance that you can laugh at.

Nothing compares to the real thing:

... I guess I can kind of see it, I guess it is more like a over-the-top show or performance that you can laugh at.

Exactly.

Had to go to a WWE event a couple years for a bachelor party. (The party was a couple days long in AC, but ended at the WWE show in the Meadowlands.)

Would it ever be something I'd suggest doing? Hells no, but it wasn't that bad.

The highlight was midget wrestling. I had to temporarily suspend my PC thinking to enjoy it, but once I did, it was good for a few laughs.

Not only did they have little wrestlers, but little announcers too! A whole separate little table for the announcers to sit at too. Absolutely hilarious.

Another benefit of going to a WWE event is it then makes going to an NFL game seem like a day of high-brow entertainment.

Last edited:
I thought WWE was all acting. So nothing dangerous...

It is acting... its "fake" in that they aren't really elbow dropping onto someone's face off the top rope... because in reality, that would fracture someone's skull or eye socket, or just flat out kill them

They're stuntmen, so obviously it is dangerous but I don't recall anyone ever trying to argue that the WWE isn't dangerous.. just that its fake, reality TV

You can't give someone a REAL pile driver and have them continue the match... you would need to immediately call the paramedics and hope that the person didn't snap their neck.. that is the fake part.. but obviously, when they do the pile driver, its a stunt.. and stunts can go wrong

WWE is a male soap opera of roided out stuntmen.. and there is nothing wrong with that

Gronk wouldn't last in the WWE.

I think he could do one match. Celebs when performing in the WWE ring typically wrestle a match with help from a pro teaming with them and they spend like 3 minutes in the ring max. Gronk would probably hit a staggered Jinder Mahal with some finisher and then pin him. He wouldn't compete like the pros.

I think he could do one match. Celebs when performing in the WWE ring typically wrestle a match with help from a pro teaming with them and they spend like 3 minutes in the ring max. Gronk would probably hit a staggered Jinder Mahal with some finisher and then pin him. He wouldn't compete like the pros.

Agree. He has the size, strength, quickness and agility to be VERY good but it's the back issues that hold him back.

It is acting... its "fake" in that they aren't really elbow dropping onto someone's face off the top rope... because in reality, that would fracture someone's skull or eye socket, or just flat out kill them

They're stuntmen, so obviously it is dangerous but I don't recall anyone ever trying to argue that the WWE isn't dangerous.. just that its fake, reality TV

You can't give someone a REAL pile driver and have them continue the match... you would need to immediately call the paramedics and hope that the person didn't snap their neck.. that is the fake part.. but obviously, when they do the pile driver, its a stunt.. and stunts can go wrong

WWE is a male soap opera of roided out stuntmen.. and there is nothing wrong with that

I knew that since the Stone Cold Steve Austin days. What I meant was the Gronk was doing a act which probably was rehearsed a couple times and written in his contract with WWE so "it was not dangerous for Gronk"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes