PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk returns to WWE - Feud with Jinder Mahal

Status
Not open for further replies.

StockingAnarchyNumber12

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Rob Gronkowski Throws Beer in Jinder Mahal's Face During Match vs. Mojo Rawley

Good for Gronk. This guy has the charisma and build to be a decent on screen WWE character. I don't think he has the experience to be a wrestler because it takes A LOT of time and practice, but I think his appearences will lead to a future match with Jinder Mahal. Maybe at Wrestlemania 34.

Tbh after Gronk retires from NE, the guy would make a fantastic WWE announcer.

I thought WWE was all acting. So nothing dangerous...

Gronk helping his buddy become a bigger WWF star.

Mihal is a jabroni. Muhammad Hassan on the other hand played the role great.

No drug testing so, with all the painkillers and cocaine, most of these guys die in their early 50's.
The Nature Boy begs to differ...WOOOOOO!
ric-flair-103015-wwe-ftr_qaq2ml8c9l6d1cmew3abk8yv2.jpg

No drug testing so, with all the painkillers and cocaine, most of these guys die in their early 50's.
Wrestlers have routine wellness checks in this era. Much different. Treated as athletes... Some main event draws I'm sure get the wink wink nod nod like some NFL players do...But in general plenty of times They have been suspended without pay for failing drug tests. As a whole wrestlers have gotten smaller and now miss much more time due to injuries. Back in the day wrestlers would pop loads of painkillers...smoke a joint and snort a massive amount of cocaine to keep the show going. Hence why most of that generation is dead or senile.

Bingo. He doesn't have the back for it.

Nope. No way he would last. Spine and back injuries are the #1 reason pro wrestlers retire and with Gronk's medical history it's already a given he won't last.

I don't know a single person who watches wrestling, yet this forum is full of them
Go figure.

I don't know a single person who watches wrestling, yet this forum is full of them
Go figure.

Wrestling is extremely popular nationwide. The Ringer and ESPN both have dedicated wrestling podcasts, there are a bunch of websites for it, and they sell out event's year-round across the country. I agree that it's kinda surprising to learn, since I stopped watching it when I was 12 or so and I don't really know anyone who watches it aside from a few old high school friends, but it's definitely got a huge following. You don't get a subreddit with 200k subscribers like r/squaredcircle if the topic isn't fairly mainstream.

I went to Smackdown last night with my 12 year old son, we had a blast...

The last wrestling match i enjoyed was Mankind vs Undertaker hell in a cell.

After that nothing could match it so i lost interest.

Wrestlers have routine wellness checks in this era. Much different. Treated as athletes... Some main event draws I'm sure get the wink wink nod nod like some NFL players do...But in general plenty of times They have been suspended without pay for failing drug tests. As a whole wrestlers have gotten smaller and now miss much more time due to injuries. Back in the day wrestlers would pop loads of painkillers...smoke a joint and snort a massive amount of cocaine to keep the show going. Hence why most of that generation is dead or senile.

word. they had a major image problem after death of chris benoit. that became tipping point and they said enough is enough. they are trying to be more civil and really manage player's health, so they can protect their brand.

Jinder Mahal is a roided-up freak who sucks at wrestling and legitimately concussed one of WWE's biggest stars last night on Raw. He'd probably screw up and end Gronk's football career.

The WWE has "big stars?"

Go figure.

So the only thing I can figure out from this post is you don't know anyone who watches wrestling.

Wrestling is extremely popular nationwide. The Ringer and ESPN both have dedicated wrestling podcasts, there are a bunch of websites for it, and they sell out event's year-round across the country. I agree that it's kinda surprising to learn, since I stopped watching it when I was 12 or so and I don't really know anyone who watches it aside from a few old high school friends, but it's definitely got a huge following. You don't get a subreddit with 200k subscribers like r/squaredcircle if the topic isn't fairly mainstream.

When I was a young kid, once I realized it was "fake" (I know some would argue this, but at the very least the outcomes are pre-determined) I completely lost interest because it no longer seemed like a real sport, to me as a kid it was "pretend fighting" and thus boring. And, I can honestly say I don't know a single soul on this earth who watches it.

However, you are right that it seems to be very popular. On his podcasts Bill Simmons talks about how much fun he has taking his kid to matches, and I guess I can kind of see it, I guess it is more like a over-the-top show or performance that you can laugh at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes