PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk family interview with CBS This Morning

Salva135

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Gronk continues his media stonewall about Hernandez and almost walks out upon further pestering of questions... his dad refuses to talk about the issue as well.

Gronkowski Nearly Walks Out On CBS Interview When Asked About Aaron Hernandez « CBS Boston

The timing of the Gronk family book tour is unfortunate, but I'm glad he's taking the tunnel-vision media approach right now. Anytime Gronk has opened his mouth and said something silly it's usually about his partying when his responses are usually harmless - even he isn't stupid enough to go against what is probably a gag order from above and address this issue in unrelated media interviews. Good for him.

Gronk continues his media stonewall about Hernandez and almost walks out upon further pestering of questions... his dad refuses to talk about the issue as well.

Gronkowski Nearly Walks Out On CBS Interview When Asked About Aaron Hernandez « CBS Boston

The timing of the Gronk family book tour is unfortunate, but I'm glad he's taking the tunnel-vision media approach right now. Anytime Gronk has opened his mouth and said something silly it's usually about his partying when his responses are usually harmless - even he isn't stupid enough to go against what is probably a gag order from above and address this issue in unrelated media interviews. Good for him.

The media is forgeting what happens when you make Gronk angry....

... don't tell me the big galoot has grown up and learned to keep his pie hole shut!?!?:rolleyes:

Strange seeing a mature Gronk! :eek:

I like it!

Frankly I can understand Gronk getting ready to leave after he answered twice he wasn't discussing the topic, and the interviewer had the audacity to ask his dad right next to him... he immediately wanted to leave the room, and I can totally understand... "I won't answer a question, so you're going to question my dad right in front of me? F_uck you!" I applaud Gronk for his approach to things so far. He's trying to spend his free time promoting a book and he has no obligation to address Hernandez questions in these circumstances.

I've replied to some idiots on Yahoo article comments who say these questions will continue all year.
If reporters don't learn with one walk out, the lesson will be repeated as necessary.

Would it be possible under current NFL rules (or possible to ask for an exemption) to outright ban a reporter from speaking to Patriots players/staff if they ask any Hernandez related question? Or to allow players/coaches to end the interview/press conference if a question about him is raised?

Kraft has spoken on behalf of the franchise and now that's it, nothing else from the team. Training Camp? You're here to talk Football. Week leading up to a game? You're here to talk Football, post-game? You're here to talk about the events of the game you just watched.

Seems like the agent or gronk could've said that question was off limits before the interview and it would've been settled. The initial question was fair. The follow up was a d*** move by the interviewer. This interview was about the gronk family. Not about criminals and murderers in the nfl

Rock on Gronk!!! You were nicer than I would have been.

Rob really liked Aaron, i don't think he wants to be part of anything which would disparage him. Nobody wants to believe that their friend was responsible for such a terrible crimes (or crimes). I see this as a potentially huge distraction this year as players come out to support Aaron and the media and fanbase fire back.

Who will be the first player to do the rainmaker TD celebration?

Rob really liked Aaron, i don't think he wants to be part of anything which would disparage him. Nobody wants to believe that their friend was responsible for such a terrible crimes (or crimes). I see this as a potentially huge distraction this year as players come out to support Aaron and the media and fanbase fire back.

Who will be the first player to do the rainmaker TD celebration?

What evidence do we have that Gronk and Hernandez were good friends? They obviously spent a lot of time in practice and the meeting rooms together, but do we have any evidence that they were close beyond the usual teammate situation?

I think its fairly safe to say they were good friends, they spent alot of time with one another, we're close in age and were drafted together. you can tell by Gronks reaction that he is angry being questioned about Hernandez.

I think it is ignorant to believe that Hernandez was a loner who only caused problems. he was probably a friendly guy who was popular in the locker room, he simply couldn't escape his past outside of football.

People would have you believe that criminals are monsters who are easily recognizable from the rest of society, but they are people just like everyone else who have made terrible decisions. the only thing that separates a criminal from another person is an action.

Albert Breer disagrees with Gronk's method of answering the question.

LINK

I think that means it is a good thing.

Actually I think Zolak made a great point on 98.5 yesterday. People keep asking why no one is talking outside of Kraft. Well, Zo assumed, that could be because Kraft made the statement and that is the end of the discussion. We know he spoke out against his lawyer's advice. Perhaps he put that statement out there with the understanding that everyone else keeps their mouth shut. Of course this won't make the media happy.

Gronk should spike the next journalist that asks the next Hernandez question.

Maybe the message will come across then.

There is no reason that Belichick or the Patriots should answer any questions relating to Hernandez.

Frankly I can understand Gronk getting ready to leave after he answered twice he wasn't discussing the topic, and the interviewer had the audacity to ask his dad right next to him... he immediately wanted to leave the room, and I can totally understand... "I won't answer a question, so you're going to question my dad right in front of me? F_uck you!" I applaud Gronk for his approach to things so far. He's trying to spend his free time promoting a book and he has no obligation to address Hernandez questions in these circumstances.

And on top of that...I'm sure the family told CBS they would not talk about AH before the interview even started. The mediot was playing off the 'nice guy/naive' Gronk and hoping for an answer one the camera was rolling. Scumbag

Would it be possible under current NFL rules (or possible to ask for an exemption) to outright ban a reporter from speaking to Patriots players/staff if they ask any Hernandez related question? Or to allow players/coaches to end the interview/press conference if a question about him is raised?

Kraft has spoken on behalf of the franchise and now that's it, nothing else from the team. Training Camp? You're here to talk Football. Week leading up to a game? You're here to talk Football, post-game? You're here to talk about the events of the game you just watched.

I'm Sure Goodell, Kraft and BB would love that, but there is this thing called the first amendment that needs to be protected whether or not we like the topics.

Reporters are just doing there job (some more tactfully then others), they have to ask those questions and Pats players and fans will continued to be annoyed for at least the rest of this year.

I'm Sure Goodell, Kraft and BB would love that, but there is this thing called the first amendment that needs to be protected whether or not we like the topics.

Reporters are just doing there job (some more tactfully then others), they have to ask those questions and Pats players and fans will continued to be annoyed for at least the rest of this year.

Nah, once they stuff the media a couple times, it will go away...News cycle and all that. A new shiny thing will capture the media's attention.

Nah, once they stuff the media a couple times, it will go away...News cycle and all that. A new shiny thing will capture the media's attention.

Tell that to the people who still bring up spygate in interviews.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back