PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Greg Cosell's Week 1 Review: Inside Patriots' great plan for Jimmy Garoppolo

Status
Not open for further replies.

reflexblue

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Thought some people might enjoy reading this. Cosell is pretty good, i usually listen to him on nfl radio.

The New England Patriots’ Week 1 win was a great example of coaching helping an inexperienced quarterback play with great efficiency.

Almost every drop back that Jimmy Garoppolo had against the Arizona Cardinals was quick — three- and five-step drops. There were just a few exceptions, but multiple personnel packages and formations allowed the Patriots to get clear, defined reads for their quarterback, who was making his first start.

Greg Cosell's Week 1 Review: Inside Patriots' great plan for Jimmy Garoppolo

Last edited:
That was a good read. Matt Bowen also had a good analysis of that game, but unfortunately it's a BSPN-commissioned piece so I'm not providing the link.

Bump.

Awesome! However, due to yahoo's sucky reload rate I never made it past the third video.

But number two where edeldude lays out the zona ball-boy (jastremski-type) is fantastic. :)

Excellent game planning. BUT it goes all for naught without Excellent execution.

Excellent game planning. BUT it goes all for naught without Excellent execution.
Yep. Jimmy was 7-9 on 3rd down passing or around there.

the game plan was so perfect that and they let jimmy use brady's helmet so the coaches could tell him where to throw the ball!!!! wait until this week when he puts up 70!!!

Do you mean SEVEN?? Miami is the opponent, you know.

To be fair to Wentz, that's still pretty good for a rookie that hardly took part in pre-season. But if Wentz hits 90% what will be TB do on his first game back?
It was very impressive. I was being sarcastic although the Browns defense truly looks bad.

Wentz was impressive and it's even more "Browns" that he was the pick they traded away. I happened to like that trade for the Browns but it would be so right if he ends up being a stud.

To be fair to Wentz, that's still pretty good for a rookie that hardly took part in pre-season. But if Wentz hits 90% what will be TB do on his first game back?
It's gonna be a f***ing unholy bloodbath. Mothers will cover their children's eyes and fans will pass out in the stands. In the 4th quarter Hell will open up beneath the Browns defense and claim their souls, and then Gronk will spike a football into the pit of their demise.

Or something like that.

It's gonna be a f***ing unholy bloodbath. Mothers will cover their children's eyes and fans will pass out in the stands. In the 4th quarter Hell will open up beneath the Browns defense and claim their souls, and then Gronk will spike a football into the pit of their demise.

Or something like that.

Have you been reading the bible or Dante?

Or Dan Brown :)

Bump.

Awesome! However, due to yahoo's sucky reload rate I never made it past the third video.

But number two where edeldude lays out the zona ball-boy (jastremski-type) is fantastic. :)
I'll bet the ads load real well though, right? (Not to beat up on Yahoo Sports, who have been great to the Pats through deflategate, just a gripe I have with a lot of sites about the damn ads loading fine but not the video!)

Or something like that.

And I will use the tears of our opponents to salt the rim of my margarita.

Or something like that.
In this vision of yours, does Brady ride a Minotaur into First Energy stadium?

This morning i was listening to cosell and JG came up again, he said when the pats went with 3 wide on one side and 1 on the other Garopolo went 10 for 10. Thats pretty impressive.

Last edited:
And I will use the tears of our opponents to salt the rim of my margarita.
Makes one wonder what you use to salt your margaritas when the opponents win.

BB ran the pats offense as he said but formations were used to create mismatches that JG could take advantage of.

This can be a difficult O to run as a QB as well as for WR's, you have to make accurate reads and get in sync with the other skill players to make things work, IOW you have to be 'football smart'. That test was passed

Makes one wonder what you use to salt your margaritas when the opponents win.

More of theirs that I keep saved up in a special vial. They won't get off with a win so easily :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST