PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Great read by VON: 5 toughest Guys I've Ever Played

Status
Not open for further replies.

long distance

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Great insight in a rusher's body and mind.
And yes, Tom, Rob and Bill make the cut.

The 5 Toughest Guys I’ve Ever Faced | The Players' Tribune
_

Quotes:

Listen, don’t be scrolling down right now. I need to give you guys some perspective before I drop a top five list on you. Don’t just skip down the page to see who I picked. Not yet. We’re gonna do a deep dive here so you can understand my position better.

TB - You can disguise your look all you want, but he’s still able to move guys around and forecast what’s coming. Brady almost turns the whole game into a seven-on-seven drill because of how fast he’s able to get rid of the ball. His presnap vision is the best I’ve ever seen, bar none. And let’s be honest — he hasn’t always had the best talent in the world around him. But no matter who his receivers are, his presnap adjustments set them up to excel.

BB - But with Belichick, his genius comes from the fact that he always gameplans based on the personnel hehas. He’s had Hall of Famers like Randy Moss, and he’s also had guys who you never heard of before, and no matter what, the Patriots are always contenders. Some of the packages we see from the Patriots, I’ve never seen before on a football field.

Last edited:
Great article, and it supports what Justin Tuck has said in the past. For all the Pats haters out there, nobody (with an ounce of football knowledge) can say TB isn't one of, if not the, toughest QBs to play the game.

and pretty articulate as well. Talent and brains are are the reasons the top players are what they are.
Those articles are basically all ghostwritten. Players Tribune editors did a reddit AMA a while ago where they talked about the process. The thoughts really do come from the players (after all, no editor will have the football insights that were in that Miller piece) but there's heavy editing and outright writing/rewriting of all of those pieces.

Some players bring a draft that editors work with. Sometimes the player and editor work collaboratively on a google doc. Sometimes the player just dictates stuff that's recorded and sent to an editor to build an article around. The players do have the right of final approval on what gets put up on the site.

Those articles are basically all ghostwritten. Players Tribune editors did a reddit AMA a while ago where they talked about the process. The thoughts really do come from the players (after all, no editor will have the football insights that were in that Miller piece) but there's heavy editing and outright writing/rewriting of all of those pieces.

Some players bring a draft that editors work with. Sometimes the player and editor work collaboratively on a google doc. Sometimes the player just dictates stuff that's recorded and sent to an editor to build an article around. The players do have the right of final approval on what gets put up on the site.

The ideas are what's important anyway. Policing grammar is for humanities professors.

The ideas are what's important anyway. Policing grammar is for humanities professors.

Not any more. Grammar is just another part of the hetero-cis patriarchy. Real professors police your political postures.

Last edited:
Feck Von the lying cheater Miller to hell. I could not care less about what he thinks, writes or says.

Feck him and the rest of the lying, cheating, thieving dirty donkeys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes