Great article on LB group & rotation

Status
Not open for further replies.

long distance

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
by Rich Hill ... Explaining how and why the Patriots are rotating linebackers
_

Its one of the most intriguing positions on the team with so many changes .. and Hightower FA looming. If Slater is anyone to go by Hightower remains a Patriot...

“You know Hightower, he gives us great leadership,” Roberts said. “That guy is a great guy on and off the field, if you have any questions, any concerns and you want to stay after to talks after practice, watch film, staying late hours, Hightower will definitely stay with you- that’s just the type of person he is. He brings excitement to the game, just being out there with him, man, it’s easy to talk to him. Very comfortable guy.”

“I think everybody in that room has such respect for him,” special teams captain Matthew Slater said, “and everyone on our team does, but it’s not just because of what he does on the football field, I think he’s put his arm around a lot of those young guys, made them feel welcome, made them feel like a part of the group, like they all have something to contribute to the group. And he’s been a great encourager to those young guys, so his result has enabled him to lead in his own way and helped all of those guys elevate their play.”

Really hope we get to keep Hightower long term.

Really hope we get to keep Hightower long term.

If the team wants him to be here there is no way for him to get away. We have enough cap space to franchise him and keep working on an extension. And all indications are that he is one of the key chess pieces of that unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore