PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Good article on today's game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bump ......

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...slug=cr-patriotswin010707&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

i actually saw some report on ESPN that BB called all the defensive plays against his offense this week in practice ..no wonder he didnt want to lose to jets again

Tortourous to watch but the patience the Pats showed has to be respected. It seemed to me they were prepared to let the Jets move the ball up to the 20. Then they just shut them down. In my experience of team play it takes huge discipline and great coaching to buy into this. It's no secret the Pats have both.

One reverse or screen - not sure which - to Washington was highlighted on the TV coverage. I think it was Mickens - again not sure - just kept his discipline and position in the scheme and snuffed it out for no gain. 90% of teams in the NFL would have over-pursued on it.

Red zone defense will face one of it's biggest challenges this weekend with LT in the red-zone.

Tortourous to watch but the patience the Pats showed has to be respected. It seemed to me they were prepared to let the Jets move the ball up to the 20. Then they just shut them down. In my experience of team play it takes huge discipline and great coaching to buy into this. It's no secret the Pats have both.
Maybe (tortuous) but what late season game that meant anything, or playoff game so far hasn't been? Cinci muffing the PAT at Denver, Denver losing, at home, to a SF team that had just lost at SF to AZ. All of the other games this weekend. I guess I've just come to accept the ways and means of this team. They had a lot of close wins over supposed inferior teams in the SB years also. All that said, I know what you mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back