PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Good article on the Pats in the Buffalo News

Status
Not open for further replies.

NE39

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
This guy nails the Pats workmanlike approach to the game. This is the center of what makes the team successful:

LINK

I love these lines:

We see 28-6, they see 286 things they could have done better.

and

The Pats aren't content unless they're holding the Lombardi Trophy, and even then you have to wonder how long the euphoria lasts. They're not given to savoring lesser victories, especially, one presumes, those over teams outside their class.

Last edited:
That was a really good article, good find. Though I think it is a sign of things to come about the Patriot Praise. We are no longer going to be the "other team", the Pats are back in the "elite" teams and the media is about to tell us why. For better or worse.

TeamPats said:
That was a really good article, good find. Though I think it is a sign of things to come about the Patriot Praise. We are no longer going to be the "other team", the Pats are back in the "elite" teams and the media is about to tell us why. For better or worse.

I know what you mean. I wish that they would just leave us the HELL ALONE!! :mad: I like it when we are under the radar.
Those two faced bastards. If we lose next week, I'll bet they will say something different.

NEM said:
That was one of the BEST articles on the Pats that I have read. Extremely well written and much deeper than other writers in how they look at the Pats.

I did notice, however, these comments , regarding Belichick.

How about it, Bill Belichick. The timing between quarterback and receivers was sharper, no?

"Some was good, some wasn't, but we'll keep working on it," Belichick said.

Stout defensive effort, huh?

"We gave up a couple long passes on defense that we'd rather not give up, so there are always things we need to do better, and that's what we need to focus on," he said.

And it made me think of myself. I take a lot of heat and a lot of attacks against me for being "negative" about this team. When I read this article, and the way Belichick responds to things, it is pretty much the way I feel about certain things. Happy with the victory, but at the same time, I see things that could improve.

That being said, I think all those that attck me should attack Belichick too. After all, he sounds like me...Or is it tht I sound like hi8m? In either case...

That was a very, very good article, one of the best I have ever read about the way this team operates.

And, with that kind of thinking, never accepting everything as being the best it can be, and always striving to make corrections and improve on things, this team , while maybe not going to Super Bowls every year, can be a contender for many, many years to come, and will be, IMO.

We are very fortunate.

If I had a dollar for every time I confused you and BB, I would have much more time to post on this board.

These two quotes would make great sigs for those who use them.

One for those who get it:

"What the New England Patriots have over everyone else is the understanding that they're a perpetual work in progress."

And another for NEM and all those who can't understand or appreciate why they will never be what they want them to be:

"They execute simple, low-risk plays with assembly-line efficiency. They're content to put the square peg in the square hole time and again, whimsy rarely leading them to see if the circle fits instead."

The difference between NEM and BB is the NFL HC believes in the game plans based on his understanding of his teams strengths and weaknesses as well as those of the opponents, and sees improving execution within them as the ever present goal. NEM doesn't spend much time rationally evaluating player execution, preferring in his position as a MB OC instead to criticize the play calling and game planning (that doesn't feature the plays he believes in hindsight or merely due to pre-existing personal preference should have been featured or at least "tried" and would have been executed to perfection by players who always execute in his fantasy game plans). :D

Nice find 39.

Delicately put Os. :rocker:

Wow, there's so many good quotes in there:

What makes the Patriots special, a perennial threat to go the distance, is that they strive for perfection while believing there's no such thing.

That's one of the best descriptions of this team that I've ever read. I wish we had writer's like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back