PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Glazer gets it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

fgssand

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt.../msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8116074?MSNHPHMA

Said nothing new and Goodell had set the bar high months ago stating if no tape of walkthrough or anything new - all is meaningless.

Said the fact that Walsh has 8 tapes is meaningless because even Glazer has one at home.

Said if there was a Walkthrough tape, Goodell told him BB would have been suspended for at least one year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Said if there was a Walkthrough tape, Goodell told him BB would have been suspended for at least one year.

Just as a minor point--this is not really new, either; the Globe reported, in their article on Walsh, that Goodell had told BB that if he lied--which, if such a Patriots-produced walkthrough tape existed, would obviously be the case--the punishment would be a year's suspension.

Interesting that the Doofus in Chief has such a cozy relationship with Glazer, telling him, before anyone else, the punishment he would dole out to BB. Wasn't Glazer the guy who was considered enough of a friend by Tannenbaum that the Jet sleazeball gave him the original video for public broadcast?

The more I learn about Goodell the more I have contempt for him.

He has screwed up so many times it's hard to keep track.

1) He allowed himself to be swayed by a trumped up media firestorm into overpenalizing the Pats for a common practice of NFL gamesmanship, going back decades.

2) He pretended that the Pats had committed a grievous error that set them apart from NFL tradition, when in fact we know that videotaping sidelines was commonplace in the NFL.

3) He destroyed the tapes, then implied publicly that the Patriot practice only extended back to 2006, despite the fact BB had admitted to him he had done it since becoming coach in 2000. This allowed an opening for an investigative journalist like ESPN's Fish to expose a "coverup" and seem to present new information which was in fact old news.

4) He poked a stick at Arlen Spector on the eve of the SB, implying that Spector was on the Comcast payroll and was a hypocrite looking for SB tickets. A bloated, egotistical power fiend like Spector was enraged at the public affront to his dignity and decided to use his power to ruin the SB. He went on every media venue he could Saturday and Sunday Morning and threatened the league, the Pats and Tom Brady.

This created the media tidal wave that destroyed the Pats' SB (with a big assist from the Herald).

Goodell has completely mismanaged the only real crisis of his administration. His own incompetence nurtured and fostered it. Enemies of the pats inside and outside of the league have taken advantage of his poor management skills and gullible nature.

I have zero confidence that he will be able to navigate through the aftermath of LIEgate. ESPN will target him if he refuses to punish the Pats again. They are already framing the public discourse with propaganda, with the Walsh hearing a week away and the NFL and Pats unable to counterattack until Walsh has actually spoken.

Last edited:
I wonder if the same magic elves that leaked the Pats tape. to Glazer gave him the scoop. By the way did Goodell ever find out which magic elf did it?

Pony,

I couldn't have said it better myself.

George

4) He poked a stick at Arlen Spector on the eve of the SB, implying that Spector was on the Comcast payroll and was a hypocrite looking for SB tickets. A bloated, egotistical power fiend like Spector was enraged at the public affront to his dignity

One outa 4 ain't bad

3) He destroyed the tapes, then implied publicly that the Patriot practice only extended back to 2006, despite the fact BB had admitted to him he had done it since becoming coach in 2000. This allowed an opening for an investigative journalist like ESPN's Fish to expose a "coverup" and seem to present new information which was in fact old news.

While I think Goodell handed himself poorly, there is one point that needs to be clarified here--did he originally say that the practice only dated to 2006, or that the tapes contained games dating back to 2006? This is not an insignificant difference.

I have zero confidence that he will be able to navigate through the aftermath of LIEgate. ESPN will target him if he refuses to punish the Pats again. They are already framing the public discourse with propaganda, with the Walsh hearing a week away and the NFL and Pats unable to counterattack until Walsh has actually spoken.

They're being rather schizophrenic about it, then, since, for example, Greenberg and Golic think that (A) this is basically over, as far as the Pats are concerned, and (B) the Herald has a lot of 'splainin to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes