PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Givens: Down to Phins, Texans and Pats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Morse

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
According to Mike Lynch on Channel 5 this evening. The source quoted was Brad Blank his agent. Very interesting that it wasn't Cleveland and tha tthe Patriots were mentioned, which means he finding out what he is worth on the open marketm but is willing to let the Patriots match it (or come close).

Texas is his home and we know he went to Miami today to meet with them. Hopefully, he can get away from them without signing any type of deal.

If it all works out and he actually comes back at a good price (which it would have to be if BB put the offer on the table) then that would be a very fortunate series of events for us.

Blank has been consistent in saying that David would not sign a deal without first coming back to the Pats with it. I've heard him say it in 3 different interviews over the past month.

I doubt anything will come of it.

Like I have said, Givens, Vinatieri, and McGinest will all be back with the Pats.

Things are looking up?

With RAC out of the mix we may stand a chance here. I think that if Saban manages to get Brees, that will be the end of his free agency. If Miami is out of the mix, we may be home free. Let's cross our fingers.

1- Be part of a building team with David Carr in the Colts division.

2- Be part of the Dolphins resurrgence under Saban with an unknown QB of unknown arm stregth.

3- Stay part of one of the NFL's best orginizations with a future HOF QB and play with other potential future HOF players.

Seems like a 2 horse race and 1 of the horses has only 3 legs, a guy like Givens doesn't go short what good is $$$ without a ball.

pats1 said:
Like I have said, Givens, Vinatieri, and McGinest will all be back with the Pats.

Well, pats1, if they ALL do come home ... i hope i remember to credit you
with overcoming all the bad kharma around two of them.

Keep in mind, Givens is from Houston. I'd say that's why Houston is on his list.

primetime said:
Keep in mind, Givens is from Houston. I'd say that's why Houston is on his list.

For all our players with multiples rings, or even 1 ring that's going to be a factor for several years to come...tough to outbid also.

pats1 said:

The odds are heavily stacked against all 3 returning. Best case scenario would be both Vinitieri and Willie sacrificing in excess of $1,000,000 per year in salary to return to Pats. More realistic is that Givens is gone; Vinitieri wants to return but is wowed with a $15M +/-, 4 Yr. offer and is gone; and leader Willie McG turns down heartbroken suitors to end Hall of Fame career with team who drafted him a dozen years ago.

Well if Saban and Belichick are like-minded as everyone makes them out to be, then I don't think Saban will overpay for Givens. I'd be more worried about Houston nabbing him than the Dolphins over us.

I will continue to say this, shocked if Givens stays... But the Browns shot themseleves in the foot...

Sean Pa Patriot said:
I will continue to say this, shocked if Givens stays... But the Browns shot themseleves in the foot...

There isn't much available out there. Unless the Pats decide to go the route of the draft for new WR's, the few remaining options are Randle El, Finneran, Moulds, and Givens. I believe Moulds would ask for more money than Givens, even though he's already made a lot. I think as long as the offers for Givens aren't ridiculous, the Pats will match whatever Houston or Miami throws at him. If the Pats can manage to resign Givens and extend Branch and Seymour's contracts, I'll be a very happy person. We'll have some holes, but Pioli/Belichick have had good luck in the draft during their tenure.

the joe jervicious deal 4 yrs for 10 mill is a nice offer to DG

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes