PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Getting to Gillette

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about hanging around for dinner at PP, then taking off when it's not so congested?

I would do that, it's a 1pm game, unless you're in a rush afterwards if you leave by 530 you're in the clear and can avoid the traffic jam

I'll be going to the Cincinnati game in a couple of weeks (driving up from CT). I've been to Patriot Place for training camp but I've never seen a live game there. Very excited! I plan on getting there around 10:00 and leaving around 6:00 to avoid the traffic.

Does anybody have experience coming in from the south? Is that much different? We'd be driving from Long Guyland.
LOL, if you want to hear my south-of-the-stadium routine, I can give you that too! If you arrive from the south, you will be getting off of Rte. 495 onto Rte. 1 north. Stay on Rte. 1 for a couple of miles in the right-hand lane. You will be getting close when you see a state police station on the right, followed by a Dunkin Donuts, which sits at the entrance to Rte. 140. Immediately after the Dunkin Donuts, take a right into the parking lot of the Pine Brook Office Park. $40 to park, always spaces, easy out at the end to turn left and get back on 495 (sometimes with a cop, sometimes not). The only drawback? You have a 1.3 mile walk to the stadium from here, which can get long and cold, particularly at the end of a night game. You are also on the wrong side of Gillette to visit the Patriots Hall of Fame and the Pro Shop (but you can enter Patriots Place from this end, and visit Bass Pro Shop, which is on the south side of the stadium).

Of course, another option for someone coming a long way from out of town to a game is to try to get a room at the Renaissance Hotel at Patriots Place the night before. They offer parking for $50.00 for the game to guests of the hotel in a prime spot. Then you do not have to fight game day traffic, at least before, and you can take your time at Patriots Place both before and after the game. I did this as a birthday surprise for my husband for the Miami game (1:00 p.m. game), not last year but the year before. It wasn't terribly expensive and being able to sleep in, have a leisurely breakfast at the hotel then just walk out the door into the stadium was heaven! If you can afford it and can still make a reservation, I recommend it highly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes