PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

From the Bills Board...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Va_Pats_Fan

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
"This game was a complete scandal for the National Football League. The referees were most deifnately paid off too make sure buffalo did not come back to even make the field goal and take a 20-19 lead. It was absolutely rediculous that a flag was even thrown for that block, and it just happened to happen right after the interception occurred. Then the whistle was blown by another official, i guess he didnt noticed they had already thrown a flag for no reason. Then to top it all off, on the next set of downs, when it was 3rd and 2, they had to throw another flag because Peerless Price just happened to get a first down. You better believe if the bills would've gotten a first down after that penalty another flag would have been mysteriously thrown on the field. New England always gets help from the refs against the bills, anyone remember the big Teddy Bruschi comeback game?"

oh man.....

Va_Pats_Fan said:
"This game was a complete scandal for the National Football League. The referees were most deifnately paid off too make sure buffalo did not come back to even make the field goal and take a 20-19 lead. It was absolutely rediculous that a flag was even thrown for that block, and it just happened to happen right after the interception occurred. Then the whistle was blown by another official, i guess he didnt noticed they had already thrown a flag for no reason. Then to top it all off, on the next set of downs, when it was 3rd and 2, they had to throw another flag because Peerless Price just happened to get a first down. You better believe if the bills would've gotten a first down after that penalty another flag would have been mysteriously thrown on the field. New England always gets help from the refs against the bills, anyone remember the big Teddy Bruschi comeback game?"

oh man.....

Geez, can you imagine if this guy was a Giants fan after last night's game???

There's about 25 threads with the same general theme on various Bills' boards. Yes, the Whitner play shouldn't have been blown dead, but it's rather pointless to get upset over that because the play was coming back anyway.

Besides, the Bills were handed a gift on that first play due to the refs just happened to miss Spikes' paw attached to Brady's facemask.

This is typical for all the sore losers around the NFL, they cannot give any credit to the Patriots.

You would think that the Bills fans would be happy that their team played a good game and were in a position to win, instead you just get a bunch of sore grapes.

Ahriman said:
There's about 25 threads with the same general theme on various Bills' boards. Yes, the Whitner play shouldn't have been blown dead, but it's rather pointless to get upset over that because the play was coming back anyway.

Theoretically, at least, the play not being blown dead could have hurt the bills. If the whistle hadn't blown, there is a chance that the patriots commit a facemask or something to offset the block in the back and tack on 15 the end of the play after enforcement of the bills' foul. Or I guess it's also possible that if the pats had kept playing, there could have been a fumble in their favor. Who knows.

The bottom line is that Nantz was *probably* correct that it was a wash, but we'll never know. More fundamentally, it was an absolutely inexcusable call and one that should never be made at that level.

Bottom line, though, is that the refs did not decide the outcome of this one -- the Patriots did.

Blowing that play dead was rather odd, and I can see Bills fans being upset about it. But them complaining after the fact is no different than Patriots fans fussing about the refs in Denver last year.

Buffalo had their chances. In fact I thought Jauron's call to go for it on 4th down was the right call (they'd been marching right down the field on the Pats 'til then).

This is a hot seller in Buffalo right now,

92_1.JPG

What pisses me off about this general theory out there that was started by Raiders fans that the Pats somehow get all these favorable calls, is that the Pats normally get shafted by the refs. I could list game after game in which the Pats had non-calls or B.S. calls hurt them. The only recent season that calls went our way was 2001.

In 2002, they had changed the O-Line upfield blocking rules, as a reaction to strong O-line play from the Pats and maybe a couple other teams. They were after the Pats in 2002, let me tell you.

In 2003, calls didn't go our way. Maybe the Ty Law playoff game, if you want to whine about a couple finger tip holds on the Colts WR. That stuff happens on every play in every game.

In 2004, Anti-Christ Polian fixed us good.

2005-Denver.

2006- Brady hit in the face by Spikes.

It gets old hearing all the B.S. from other team's fans. The idea that the refs give a crap about the Pats is about as stupid a rumor as that Brady owes all his success to his ex-kicker.

Ceresco said:
This is a hot seller in Buffalo right now,

92_1.JPG

at first, it looked like a lego helmet

Are there any threads over there alleging that Jauron was in on the "fix" for his mystifying decision to go for it in the 3rd quarter on the Pats' 7???

Blowing the interception return dead was the wrong call, but largely immaterial due to the penalty. The fact that the poster complains about the penalty is comical, because if that wasn't a textbook block in the back I've never seen one. It was the Patriot( Caldwell I Believe) being pushed down by the shove in the back that enabled Whitner to hurdle him.

Va_Pats_Fan said:
"The referees were most deifnately paid off too make sure buffalo did not come back to even make the field goal and take a 20-19 lead.

To the Bills Board poster who gave us this gem. I hereby issue arrest warrants for all of your elementary school teachers for somehow allowing you to graduate with spelling and grammatical skills such as these.

And most importantly to all Bills fans belly-aching about their perception of the calls yesterday. Take a clue in class from the Bills' coaches and players as I have yet to read one quote from them that even remotely lays the blame at the feet of the refs.

Unfortunately the Pats have become this love them or hate them identity. If there is a fan of an AFC team, they will hate the Pats because of what they have been able to accomplish. After a while, it all just becomes common place. All that matters in the end are W's and rings. Last I checked, the Pats had more rings in the 21st century than anyone else, so jealousy will always follow.

1976pats said:
Are there any threads over there alleging that Jauron was in on the "fix" for his mystifying decision to go for it in the 3rd quarter on the Pats' 7???

I thought it was the right call by Jauron. The Bills led 17-7 and marched right down the field on the Patriots to begin the second half. A touchdown puts them up big (24-7), a turnover on downs pits the Patriots 93 yards away from their own end zone. It was a calculated risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News