PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Football talk on WEEI? It must be a holiday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsRI

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Turned on WEEI and DeOssie and Sterns are actually talking about the Pats. I was shocked as hell. I'm sure it will only last a minute but beggars can't be chosers I guess.

Link to stream:
http://www.weei.com//Article.asp?id=112476

Last edited:
I heard the show while getting ice at the store. I noticed they talked about Pats vs Cowboys in this coming Superbowl. I distinctly heard the phrase 'You heard it here first."

Who the heck are they kidding? I've been hearing that prediction since roughly 5 seconds after the last Superbowl.

Football talk continued until the Sox released their line up and Youkilis was batting lead-off with Coco batting eigth. The talk then turned to this great Red Sox controversey.

Last edited by a moderator:
I choose not to listen to any sports radio right now, the incessent talking about the Red Sox is way too boring...

WEEI's 2006 NFL Draft Coverage:

Big O: Welcome to Draft Day 2006!

Larry F: Well, Big O, today's the big day!

Big O: Do you think CoCo Crisp is watching the draft today?

Larry F: Hey, if Bronson Arroyo was a QB, do you think the Patriots would draft him? And do you think Theo would be drafting for value too of he were in Pioli's shoes ?

etc. etc. etc.

You mean a "Holley-Day"?

Anyone else notice how Ordway developed that fake "Bahstin" accent over the years? What a fraud. I think he was a theatre major once, and I guess his "accent" is part of his self-appointed role. I'd rather listen to WFAN than WEEI. It's that bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know there has been discussions around this topic before. But WEEI is there to make money and generate a buzz. Red Sox nation does that over Patriot Nation just because of the strong foundation they have had in place for the past few generations.. I like football more than baseball but I'm pretty sure if more money was to be made with the NFL and Patriots around here, they would do it more.

Anyhow, that is off my chest, I agree, WEEI blows... Dale and Holley are the best (actually Holley) and usually tune them in while I'm in the car. Any other time, I pray that a good song is playing on another channel.

I've been debating for sometime to pick up Sirius Radio and try it out.. I hear the NFL channel rocks!! Any body here have it?

With all due respect this "Red Sox have an advantage because of a stronger foundation" is crap. I'm sure we were both there in the 80s when noone showed up at Fenway and the Celtics and Bruins ruled this town. Remember there were only 12,000 at Clemens 20 strikeout game. This Red Sox fixation is recent and is due to the engaging personalities on their team, like Big Papi, Manny and Pedro, and the marketing genius of their Hollywood execs. The Pats are into this "we have no personalities, we have no individuals" thing, which is very tough to market to the average non-sports fan. It's much easier to create excitement when you celebrate individuals, like "celebrities". Of course, that also can be detrimental to the team concept, so I'm not disagreeing in any way with their strategy, just commenting on why they have been beaten in the market by the Red Sox.

Last edited:
WEEI is "All-Sox, All-The-Time" in large part because the Sox games are carried on the station. They can have ex-football players on the panel and it can be the day of the Super Bowl and, somehow they'll start talking about Manny not hustling or the Arroyo trade and run with it all day long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST