PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

FB Eric Kettani recalled to service

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK...so presumably that's a pure PR policy? There are many different skills that can make an individual valuable to our military, and "once in a life time" opportunities in many different fields.

Pretty much.

The thing is, these days with all the defense cuts, there are fewer folks to do more work. Kettani, as an officer, likely has a specialty skill that they need, otherwise he wouldn't be recalled like this.

I'd be right interested in finding out what his Navy designator is because that would point to the likely reason for his recall.

respects,

If you guys don't think Goodell has Navy connections and wasn't behind this, I've got some real estate to sell you. That man is always out to get the Pats!

His heart may belong to football but his a** belongs to Uncle Sam. ;)

My son was just discharged from Active Duty in the US Army this past weekend. He still, however, has another 1.5-year obligation for which he can be recalled in needs be.

Good ol' Inactive Ready Reserve ... When I enlisted oh so many years ago it was 6 years; 4 on the enlistment, 2 on IRR.

Thank your son for me, please. I appreciate his service.

just wanted to enter thread and say good luck to kettani, and all our other people at the fronts, may we see you back in our uni when you're done...

Gwedd - While I believe that every person here understands that, the issue is that the GOVERNMENT treats the military as little toys. Not as people.

If you look at the contract, the Military actually reserves the right to recall you at ANY time, regardless of whether or not you've fulfilled your commitment. I know this for a fact as during the Bush years, they recalled people who had been out for 10-15 years because they needed people (Doctors to be battle surgeons, Police officers to be MPs, etc) . Many of them went willingly, but there were a few who were ticked off. And rightfully so because the whole thing has been mismanaged by the "CICs" since it's inception.. A good CIC let's his generals run the war.. Neither has been a good one.. But that is beside the point.

The point is that the Military is jerking these kids around and it's not fair in the least.

Not as toys, but as tools. When you need a tool, you use it, when you don't need it, you put it aside until you need it again. If he didn't read the contract before signing it, it's his own fault. Never, ever, sign something until you understand it completely.

I learned that the hard way, by signing up for the Army all those years ago.

For the record I do find it unfair that the Navy is not allowing this while the other two are.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft