Welcome to PatsFans.com

Fantasy help and opinions

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by Tucker, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Tucker

Tucker Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

How about we have a thread for those of us with questions of who to start over another player and the likes. I'll start:

I've got A. Peterson(MIN), MJDrew, and Thomas Jones on my roster; obviously Peterson will be one of my 2 starting RBs. Here's my dilema, do I start MJD who's got good stats against the titans or T.Jones against the dolphins weakened D? I'm leaning towards starting Jones. What do you guys think?
  2. WhiskeyBreath

WhiskeyBreath Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It's almost a coin flip considering the match ups but I would feel better goin with the guy who gets into the end zone much, much more. MJD
  3. 37Harrison

37Harrison Rookie

Ratings:
    +36 / 1 / -2

#37 Jersey

Well Jones should be running behind an improved O-line and the Dolphins now have to back off the line because Favre is there. The Jags are facing a better defensive team although I think MJD is better than Jones. I think I would go with Jones.

Now my turn, this is for my 3rd WR but it is important since my #1 is Ocho-Cinco and he's playing against the Ravens... so, who would you start as your 3rd WR... Bernard Berrian (who is now a Viking) against GB or Donte Stallworth against Dallas? Donte lit up the Dallas D last year. I know TFB won't be throwing him the ball but Anderson is pretty decent and the focus will be on Winslow and Edwards.
  4. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I have Thomas Jones too, did you get Leon Washington as well? I have him, and if he's available in your league I'd get him, I just feel like he is the best back on that team and could be the starter if he can handle the reps.

My question: Hasslebeck or Schaub at QB? I'm leaning Schaub vs. Pittsburgh because all Hass' receivers are hurt and he's playing in Buffalo which is tough.
  5. WhiskeyBreath

WhiskeyBreath Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I don't like either Stallworth or Berrian this week but I would go with Stallworth.
  6. WhiskeyBreath

WhiskeyBreath Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I would lean towards Schaub as well. Too many questions in SEA and maybe Schaub puts up a decent fantasy line after the Pit game is out of reach.
  7. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Schaub was the right choice, even though he had 2 picks the 2 garbage time TD's game him more points than Hass.

Of course I lost because my top 2 WRs did nothing (Colston and Housh) and me TE put up 0 points (Boss, don't ask why I started him).

What does everyone's #1 lineup look like, just out of curiosity? Here's mine:

QB: Matt Hasslebeck
    RB: Brian Westbrook
    RB: Thomas Jones
    WR: Marques Colston
    WR: T.J. Houshmanzadeh
    WR: Marvin Harrison
    WR/TE: Patrick Crayton/Santana Moss
    TE: Donald Lee
    K: Nate Kaeding
    DEF/ST: Tampa Bay Buccaneers
  8. 37Harrison

37Harrison Rookie

Ratings:
    +36 / 1 / -2

#37 Jersey

Thanks for the info. I ended up dumping Stallworth and picking up Muhammad. Good thing since Stallworth didn't even play...
  9. 37Harrison

37Harrison Rookie

Ratings:
    +36 / 1 / -2

#37 Jersey

Well here is my start/sit question of the week...

Who to start at RB (2)?
    Addai (vs Vikes)
    C Johnson (vs Cinci)
    McFadden or Fargas (vs KC)
    S. Morris

At WR (1)?
    Eddie Royal (vs SD)
    Coles (vs NE)
    Clayton (vs Houston)