PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Falcons fans: The Pats have no chance

Status
Not open for further replies.
That theme is running rampant on their forum when I lurked it a few times. They're essentially like Pats fans in 2007. All time great offense that their fans think couldn't be shut down. Hopefully the result this Sunday is the inverse of 2007.

I was going to make a joke about how Edmonton sucks, so I looked up what people do in Edmonton for fun. No ****, this was one of the top results.

capture_4.jpg

Yeah, but they have McDavid.

Comical to say the least. They speak like their defense is in the realm of Houston or Denver.
If they can generate the interior pressure then my hats off. If not, they are toast.

They are toast.

Local fans of a superbowl team feel supremely confident their team will win. What is the big deal here ?
Have you looked at the board ? A lot of the fans here are thinking about 4th Q celebration.

people who think that Atl will win because of their "great offense" are kidding themselves. The Pats are just a tad below them in offense and miles above in defense. Do they really believe Atl will be able to score more easily than the Pats will? That's what it comes down to. Brady is going to shred the Atl D. I wouldn't be surprised with a 40 spot

Most of their board are expecting a falcons blowout. Because their offense is "historically" good. Well that didn't work for the greatest show on turf or the best offense of all time the 2007 Pats. The game has yet to be played. Both teams have earned their right to be there. Hope the Pats come out on top.

Yet this historically gr8 offense still managed to lose 5 games.

Imagine that.

Super Bowl experience may mean something, though I think it's overplayed, but the oldest player on the current Falcons team was in college when this game was played, and that was their kicker. Matt Ryan and Julio Jones were in elementary or middle school. A substantial number of them were just barely out of diapers. There's only one player remaining in the league who was around when that game was played, and that's Adam Vinatieri. John Elway is nearing Medicare eligibility and Terrell Davis is in his 40s. What does that game have to do with anything?

I am referring to the fans on that messageboard. It has nothing to do with the players.

Just finished watching New England's regular season games. Eye opening....

Wow, just wow. If you are having a tough time drumming up hatred for the Falcons, may I present to you their dilusional fans. I know that most Pats fans on this site are confident in a victory but this is just over the top. We at least have some respect for Falcons' talent and can envision scenarios which could lead to a Patriots loss.

Did I miss Hageman's transformation into Reggie White?

I think my favorite is that the Patriots don't have the receivers to go over the top...when we have more 30+ yard plays than they do...lol

It's not.

Some of us remember when it happened, and how Falcons fans declared how outrageous it was that Michael Vick was being persecuted like that.
Majority wanted Vick gone. Honestly, a very large portion wanted him gone before that ever happened. He still has a lot of fans in Atlanta but it's disingenuous and frankly, stupid, to suggest falcon fans in general support him killing dogs.

Brooks Reed ex Texans player.

Thanks. He played well in both Falcons games. Quick off the line and quick to the QB.

It is funny how close the Seattle game was and how quickly it changed. One BS call changed that whole game.

And Julio just abused Sherman, which allowed for Ryan to succeed. The one thing I did notice is that on 3rd and long situations, Ryan often goes to Jones without hesitation. That guy is everything people have said and more but knowing that tendency could help the Pats.

Watching the Pats beat the Texans by conceding throws that they know Osweiler can't consistently make gives the appearance of an exploitable defense that'll get torn up by a better QB.

What these people seem not to understand is that the Texans gameplan will probably have little in common with this one.

I noticed that too, and find it hard to believe they don't understand that.

When I was playing Little League baseball, I got a solid base hit, and the normal play would be to stay at first, but I tried stretching it into a double, and the throw had me beat by 20 feet.

So as I approached 2nd base, I slowed up and started taking my helmet off, resigned to my fate, and then suddenly sped up and dove into 2nd base, safe.

My manager had a cow in the dugout, but I knew that the kid was clueless about a tag vs force play, and he just stood there as I dove under him.

I would have never tried it against a competent player, but it worked in that situation....

And BB is not going to give a competent QB the opportunities that he gave Osweiler.

Last edited:
"Brady has not been as sharp as he has in recent years"

In 14 games:
Pass YPG: 301.8
Completion %: 66.6
Touchdowns: 33
Interceptions: 4

Not a very high collective IQ for the Cheatlanta fanbase.

I always find it interesting to converse with and figure out the pulse of the opposing team in big pressure games like this. I've enjoyed most of my interactions with that fan base on that forum and they've shown to produce some stats rather than just replying with the feels so I can respect that.

The only thing I don't get (and this is on both teams boards) is the notion by many that this game will be a blowout one way or the other... I feel like there is a lot of "discounting" going on of the other team by the fans of each respective team.

Atlanta is going to score a bunch, Patriots will also score a bunch, that's pretty much all I feel confident about going into this game.

I will say though, the confidence shown by the Falcons fans is a little surprising seeing as they haven't been on this stage in quite some time and they have an entire team of unprovens riding in on the idea that their epic offense will destroy what they feel is a soft Patriots defense. With the strength of schedule argument, I see where they are coming from, but they are not even thinking about the fact that this is the frigging SB and most times, **** doesn't go like you plan and it's the team that can adjust and execute better that typically wins out.

In 49, the Seahawks fans were just as ****y the week leading up to the game. That confidence melted away as the game commenced and they saw that the Patriots team was no push-over.

i guess they have a right to be confident... i am real confident going into this game especially after i found out that ATL's D is suspect. Last in redzone D, 18th in Rushing D and 28th in Passing D. Their offense is excellent, but i have confidence that our D can hold them under 30 if not less- Brady has a clinic.... (not gonna jinx tho)

Rodney hates the Atlanta fans....
If you want a breather from all of the x and o talk and know-it-all analysts, check out the rant from Rodney about the Atlanta fans. As many know, Rodney lives in Atlanta (15 years) and Schwartzmann asked him what it's like living in enemy territory. That set Rodney off. Most of his encounters with the fans happen at the gym. Man I miss that guy and his "no respect" card. If you enjoy Rodney, this is vintage Rodney. Hilarious.

audioBoom / 1-28-17 The Safety Blitz w Rodney Harrison and Dan Schwartzman

Starts at about 36:30.
Some gems:
"I am sick and tired of them (the Atlanta fans)"
"Who the hell is Mohammed Sanu?" in response to Falcon fans
"Just shut up, you do not know anything about football" to the fans
"Matt Patricia gets no respect"
"The Atlanta fans do not give the Pats any respect and think the Patriots are a bunch of average players outside of Brady and Belichick."
Commenting about this year's Pats team, "Belichick said the same thing about this team as he did about us in 2003. This is a special team"

Enjoy!

Yet this historically gr8 offense still managed to lose 5 games.

Imagine that.

Yet the 2007 team went undefeated against arguably one of the most difficult schedules of the season in what was a far more talented year in the NFL. This year has been, relative to most, pretty docile.

And they still lost. More battle tested, more talent at each offensive position and with the better coach (GOAT coach to be frank), and we still lost.

goddamnit guys how that day played out kills me.

Honestly I'd be worried if we were to play them in The Georgia dome, but this is in a neutral field where typically Patriots fans travel well. We are not playing a Denver, Baltimore, NY D line that can rush 4 and drop everyone into coverage. As with all our recent playoff experiences everything rides on our O line. If it gives Brady enough time game over our D will do just enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes