PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Explosive New Hernandez Details

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but the "court of public opinion" shouldn't put him in prison or cause him to lose his job.

True, but public opinion isn't going to put him in prison. All the bad press in the world isn't going to put him in prison, unless maybe that rather than the evidence at the trial sways a jury. (Which there is a process for eliminating that bias from the jury, though imperfect.) And in many cases a person won't lose his job. Guess it depends on the job. But the NFL jobs are just as much about PR as they are about performance. NFL has a code of conduct players agree to before they even join, and getting linked to murders and actually having some evidence of being directly involved, I would guess kind of goes against that.

Waiting until due process plays out is well and good, but could take at least a couple years. Not even sure what "right to a speedy trial" even means anymore. Until then, the NFL will have to weigh in on the impact of the negative PR for those couple of years.

Frankly, it amazes me how many people in the NFL find themselves in this kind of trouble every year. Last year, Elvis Dumervil got arrested at gunpoint for allegedly brandishing a weapon during a road rage incident. Case ended up being dismissed, but I am astonished how millionaire players keep finding themselves in situations like that. I don't get it. Never have. Never will.

Ughh this situation sucks.. To make it even worse I just bought my girlfriend a Hernandez jersey that she was asking for. :bricks:

My uncle bought my son and nephew Pats jerseys last Christmas and he really struck out. My son got Welker and my nephew got Hernandez. Sheesh, the only jersey that is safe to buy these days is Brady.

Patsfans.com is not a court of law. Innocent until proven is guilty is what a jury must believe. The general public can and will draw whatever conclusions it wants to. And the only conclusion I have seen anyone draw is that this guy is an idiot who hangs out with idiots making idiotic decisions. Don't think that is a stretch based on what we know so far.

You can believe and say what you want.

Everyone can question what you say.

Considering the proximity of the crime scene and the home.....it's amazing that the fact they were together is "explosive" is amazing.

It's also amazing that the disappearance of the girlfriend isn't "explosive".

First off,I've been here before after Jet misery, so please don't start. I came to discuss, that's all

First thing I said on another board when the story first broke was, let this play out before we judge. But with the latest news this is not looking good. I will say its different from being accused of sexual misconduct. That's happens to athletes frequently, murder is a different story.

If I had to wager on this, I would say, at the very least, he knew about a murder and didn't report it. I also think the other gun incident isn't a complete fabrication, after hearing of this current one. It doesn't look like playing football in the near future is a real possibility for AH. But maybe I'm wrong. No arrests yet, so the evidence can't be that strong

And now for some foreboding words of reassurance adressed to Hernandez:

Nothing the authorities dish out will be as terrifying as what BB will do to you if he encounters you again :p.

what i dont understand is. 4 people left from the bar, and 3 people arrived at the home, yet the car was found next to the body.

did the 3 who returned home walk after the murder?

That seems like a stupid thing to do right? stop, kill the dude, and just leave the car there and walk the last mile.

I'm holding out hope that this is a case of, two people, not Ahernandez getting into an arguement, one of them leaving in Aarons rental, the second following, minor traffic collision knocking off the mirror, and then both getting out of their cars and one of them pulling a gun, then speeding off.

WEEI just reported that he'll be arrested.

You can believe and say what you want.

Everyone can question what you say.

Never said they couldn't. However, if one were to question my opinion that he has terrible judgment and likely has not "grown up" much at all, I am perfectly free to question that person's level of naiveté.

Steve Silva at the Globe:

Hearing via law enforcement source that Aaron Hernandez will be arrested in connection with the North Attleborough murder

WEEI just reported that he'll be arrested.

Steve Silva ‏@stevesilva 9m

Hearing via law enforcement source that Aaron Hernandez will be arrested in connection with the North Attleborough murder
135 Retweets
4 Favorites
9:30 AM - 20 Jun 13 · Details

Boston.com reporter reporting it.

Nick Underhill ‏@Nick_Underhill 44s
“@stevesilva: Hearing via law enforcement source that Aaron Hernandez will be arrested in connection with the North Attleborough murder”

Edit: I wonder it Mutt and merloni read this forum, as they said "we aren't reporting, Steve Silva is"

My uncle bought my son and nephew Pats jerseys last Christmas and he really struck out. My son got Welker and my nephew got Hernandez. Sheesh, the only jersey that is safe to buy these days is Brady.

I understand your position on the issue (that you'd rather be pleasantly surprised than crushed), but already having Hernandez off the team seems to be jumping the gun just a bit, no pun intended.

Patsfans.com is not a court of law. Innocent until proven is guilty is what a jury must believe. The general public can and will draw whatever conclusions it wants to. And the only conclusion I have seen anyone draw is that this guy is an idiot who hangs out with idiots making idiotic decisions. Don't think that is a stretch based on what we know so far.

My comments were to the philosophy. I don't believe in abandoning the spirit of innocent until proven guilty simply because I have no legal obligation to uphold it. Your opinion may differ.

Letting welker go for because of 2 million dollars looks great right now

Well, this sucks. I'll wait to really begin pearl clutching until we see if he's charged with anything.

Letting welker go for because of 2 million dollars looks great right now

Yeah, stupid BB for not being able to see into the future.

Speaking of doom and gloomers who are completely MIA until something bad happens...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes