PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN hitpiece on Patriots (Rift with Brady/Belichick/Kraft) - Merged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that this org needs more motivation but this has to piss off Tom.

...and a pissed off Tom tends to do amazing things on the football field.

when will the media ever learn? humiliate tom and it just motivates him. I said this last night, and I'll say it again, this is EXACTLY what the patriots need this playoff run. No team I've seen rallies around one another like we do. The media will get their little story in now but the tables will be turned in February.

Current cap commitment for 2018 is 86.5M

The cap could be as high as 178M

I don’t see the issue

????

As it stands right now using top 51 the Pats have 17m of cap space for next year. What numbers are you looking at ?

That should shut everything up. On to KC/BUF.

It should, be it won’t. There are a number of “fans” here who want anything that reflects negatively on Belichick, Brady, Kraft, and the Patriots to be true. They are well beyond frustrated that every negative report or theory to date has been proven completely wrong and they will glom onto anything they can to try and validate all their years of sh.t talk.

when will the media ever learn? humiliate tom and it just motivates him. I said this last night, and I'll say it again, this is EXACTLY what the patriots need this playoff run. No team I've seen rallies around one another like we do. The media will get their little story in now but the tables will be turned in February.
Y'know.....I don't think it propelled them to beat SEA but part of me believes the whole Deflategate crap narrowed the focus of the team leading up to the SB.

If it hit the day of like a-hole Tomase's garbage that might have hurt them.

Current cap commitment for 2018 is 86.5M

The cap could be as high as 178M

I don’t see the issue
As we learned this year, to deal with in-season injuries you need to save 15-20M.

Add on 23.5 M for JG's cap hold.

Add on another 10M to give to Brady, who would reasonably be miffed at making 10M less than his backup.

Add up all the Patriots free agents that you would like to keep, and money for draft picks.

Remember that you need 90 players.

It disappears fast. We are by no means in cap hell, but it is is a little tighter than usual.

Like Deflategate, JimmyGgate will bring the team closer. Thank you ESPN, you bunch of hack losers :)

Last edited:
Well after reading 41 pages on this, who said pats fans wouldn't have much to talk about in the bye week? Lol. Really the only thing I get from all of this is I still hate espn and their reporting!

I am kinda pissed that pats have to issue a statement for this.

well fine, if this is "the end of the Patriots" what a great time to go out and dominate the playoffs to win #6... **** espn GO PATS!

OK, I read it.

--It's hugely, almost comically, overstated. Brady and Belichick ALWAYS struck me as cordial professionals. They are very different people, and have had a great working relationship. Haven't seen how that's changed.

--There was likely some minor friction with Brady's trainer. A relationship this high level going on for this long, OF COURSE they'll be occasional head butting. Not a big deal.

--The overstated nature struck me most in a bit I don't think anybody's talked about. Hogan got hurt, which is apparently a reflection of some.....issue? What? Laughable.

--In addition to being overstated, it's criminally under-sourced. Now look, any piece, be it sports, politics, whatever, will rely on anonymous sources to a degree. The extent you can accept that is how credible the news source and reporter are. This is ESPN....to be as charitable as possible, they are not credible.

--Last, the whole "end is near" tone that's popping up all over the place. OF COURSE IT IS. Even if Brady plays to 45, he's closer to the end than the beginning. I predict everyone at ESPN is going to die. Eventually, I will be right.

Look, the Pats are the only game in town. ESPN and the public knows that. This is really a case of little to see here, blown up to cosmic standards. So in short, save your time, let's not post about this too much longer, and ESPN can go **** themselves.

Great post.

In case you missed it sctjones just referred to Jimmy Garrapolo as a “ legendary quarterback.”

Unreal

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore