PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN: 11 coaches vote Rodney dirtiest player

Status
Not open for further replies.
"ESPN.com surveyed NFL head coaches for their take on a range of issues, including the league's smartest offensive player (non-QB), smartest defensive player, dirtiest player and which owner carries the best reputation among head coaches. Thirty-one of the 32 coaches participated on some level."

Are there any prizes for guessing the name of the coach who was too busy to answer ESPN's questions? ;)

All you have to do is make list of the smartest ones and there you are.

All you have to do is make list of the smartest ones and there you are.

I wondered whether anyone else would make the same wild, speculative guess as I did ...

Jim Rome did a sweet and tidy pull down on this poll today, hope you saw it. His bottom line - Dirty or not, every coach in poll would sign Rodney in a heartbeat. And that Rodney's not the dirtiest anyway, he's just a firebreather (like most of the others guys right behind Harrison in the poll, like -surprise- Jason Taylor) that has impact on his team far beyond his style of play.

Of course, Rome also lit up A-Rod, twice, in his opening burns for booty calling at Madonna's front door, and that put me in such a good mood. :rofl:

Last edited:
He also had to add though "Without Rodney the Patriots really would have to cheat...allegedly".

He also had to add though "Without Rodney the Patriots really would have to cheat...allegedly".

Oh, dude, I think you have that vibe all wrong. I felt like Rome was bringing up the 'cheating' only to reinforce the absurdity of how much a little bit of signal filming could matter.

Anyway, after tonight's total beat down of the Sox by the Demon Rays I need to find some positive vibes....

Last edited:
I find it funny how Rodney is a "dirty" player, yet a guy like Bob Sanders, who leads with his helmet on about 95% of his tackles is playing with "pashion" and "intensity". Don't get me wrong, I'd take Sanders in a second, but alot of these coaches/commentators contradict themselves alot.

Oh, dude, I think you have that vibe all wrong. I felt like Rome was bringing up the 'cheating' only to reinforce the absurdity of how much a little bit of signal filming could matter.

Anyway, after tonight's total beat down of the Sox by the Demon Rays I need to find some positive vibes....

I'd like to believe that, but some of the rants he's gone on about Belichick led me to believe he was being a douche about it.

But you're right, could have been going that angle as well.

good, glad to hear his age has not made him soft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back