PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eric Rowe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rowe allowed a 80.3 passer rating last season when targeted, fifth-best by a rookie CB.

I mean he wasn't that bad and most of that was on account of him being left on island against Calvin Johnson

Considering he allowed 2TDs and a handful of completions, that number comes down quite a bit.

I'm reserving judgement on him. Philly is an elephant graveyard for CBs. He had some bad games and some decent ones.

Numbers from when he started vs NE. Nice analysis.

On Sunday last week, a big part of the Patriots' game plan seemingly was to attack Eric Rowe, only Rowe didn't cooperate.

After watching the tape, by my count, Brady targeted Rowe 13 times. He was 4 of 13 for 37 yards, 0 TDs, and an almost interception. That would be a passer rating of 40.2.

Eric Rowe's first career start was excellent

Last edited:
The answer to your question should instruct going forward. There's s greater chance of the Pats doing Hard Knocks next year than there is of BB spending a first on a RB or WR.

Maroney aside?

Apparently he was since he was reported as waived/injury.

I think a player can refuse the IR designation and ask for their release.......?

I'm guessing that is what Roberts did?

I think a player can refuse the IR designation and ask for their release.

He was waived/injured, which according to my understanding means teams can claim him and it's only if he goes unclaimed that he reverts to IR. At that point they can try to work out an injury settlement that would make him a FA.

I think a player can refuse the IR designation and ask for their release.......?

Wasn't Roberts simply claimed? You can claim a waived player whether or not they've been designated waived/injured.

More Rowe hype.

Rowe started five contests in Carroll’s absence, allowing 51.7 percent of passes thrown against him to be completed, surrendering 30 receptions against 58 targets for three total touchdowns; good enough numbers for a rookie.

But two of those scores came against Calvin Johnson in a 45-14 drubbing by the Lions. The mistakes he made that day still haunt him, and this offseason he’s been taking steps to improve himself, most notably visiting Rischad Whitfield, better known as the “Footwork King.”

Eagles’ Eric Rowe perfecting footwork before camp

Rowe allowed a 80.3 passer rating last season when targeted, fifth-best by a rookie CB.

I mean he wasn't that bad and most of that was on account of him being left on island against Calvin Johnson

and the fact that he played for the eagles.

He was waived/injured, which according to my understanding means teams can claim him and it's only if he goes unclaimed that he reverts to IR. At that point they can try to work out an injury settlement that would make him a FA.

Wasn't Roberts simply claimed? You can claim a waived player whether or not they've been designated waived/injured.

Yep on both counts. I was just openly wondering what the chain of events were. We know he was hurt. The question is....did the team want to IR him and he refused the designation or did they waive him and needed to make sure other teams knew he was injured. Not sure why/if that is required? If unclaimed, the Pats can claim him but he must accept the IR designation unless he refuses to report....?

I guess it doesn't matter. Just trying to understand the dynamics better.

The Bears signed Leblanc to their practice squad cant we get him back?

According to Bill just a little while ago during his interview with Dale and Holley regarding this trade, they were looking for CB depth

Bill is really delivering on Bobs Discount Furniture-quality analysis.

Less than 4 days ago, Adam Caplan tweeted that Philly might be willing to take a 5th- or even a 6th-rounder for Rowe; yet there goes Bill again, over-paying for players already one foot out the door of their former team.

Come on Cap'n, you're better than that. Reality check: last year you were ready to spend a first-round pick on Eric Rowe. Now you're clinging to some speculative tweet to "prove" that Belichick is an idiot chump for gambling a late 4th on him?

It's fine to be a principled contrarian, but this just amounts to "If Bill's for it, I'm against it!"

Come on Cap'n, you're better than that. Reality check: last year you were ready to spend a first-round pick on Eric Rowe. Now you're clinging to some speculative tweet to "prove" that Belichick is an idiot chump for gambling a late 4th on him?

It's fine to be a principled contrarian, but this just amounts to "If Bill's for it, I'm against it!"

That may be true but just like with Mingo, I bet a bidding war developed and the Pats had to up the ante

The answer to your question should instruct going forward. There's s greater chance of the Pats doing Hard Knocks next year than there is of BB spending a first on a RB or WR.

what makes you so sure? Bb has drafted a RB in first round before

And do you think a 40 year old Brady doesn't deserve first round talents at premium positions?

Bill is really delivering on Bobs Discount Furniture-quality analysis.
After reading 12 pages of comments and thoughts, I get to the emd amd finish with this. Comment of the thread right here folks. That is all, please continue the discussion! ;)

Let's not forget he was a rookie last year guys... Malcolm Butler and Logan Ryan weren't world beaters in their first years either.
Well, actually Butler WAS a world beater, see the last Patriot's defensive play of the 2014 NFL season. Also was stellar in the 2nd half of that Super Bowl, despite a fluke play against him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back