PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

End of regular season 2 round mock: Upshaw, Cox, Barron, Judie

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be a really good draft, I like Upshaw, Cox and barron in the 2nd would be fine with me. Things will change alot between now and the end of April but right now that is very doable with the current rankings.

Ochmed, did you mean to sound musical? I like what you have to say about the Illinois DE/OLB elephant.

He sounds like a perfect fall back guy if BB's favored choices aren't available and we're not able to trade up.

I'd take him in a heartbeat with one of our firsts.

At this point it looks like Upshaw is still climbing draft boards and it is unreasonable to think BB would go up 10 to 12 spots to go get him.

So the next best fall back is Montgomery of LSU, a fast (4.5) DE at 6'4" but only about 245 pounds. Clearly he would need a year to learn technique, fill out his frame and get stronger. But easy to project as a pass rusher, run stopper and coverage guy due to his speed. However a good bowl game and he too could rise out of our reach.

The next best option is Mercilus, who again will need a year to get stronger and learn a lot of technique. But is a beast at getting after the QB.

Keep in mind also that most of the current sack demons in the NFL have one specific trait in common, they are relentless. When you think of Allen, Babin, Mathews, JPP, Hali, Miller, Reed, Kerrigan, they all are tremendously different, but share a specific trait, they are all relentless when it comes to rushing the passer. (I left guys like Ware and Mario Williams off this list because they are both naturally blessed)

The one player in college that I see as this type of player is Curry of Marshall, who should be available in round 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes