PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

''Emmit Says If Maroney Doesn't Watch Out Sammy Could Take His Job''

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maroney ran great last week. Sammy ran great this week. What's the problem?

The problem is there are too many Pats fans on this board with "red sox syndrome".

I agree. I've been saying for weeks that Morris is a better RB than Maroney. Morris has excellent vision. He knows how to run, read blocks, and find the running lane.

Maroney isn't there yet. Maroney is much more dangerous in the open field but he has much improvement to make when it comes to running between the tackles.

Sammy's a good RB and I liked the addition during the offseason, but I think you're forgetting who the Patriots just played. Maroney went off for even more yardage against the Bengals last year, and he went over 100 last week. Anyways, without going into details let's just say I like having a backup of Morris' ability.

I like Morris, but let's keep things in perspective. Maroney is a different kind of runner than Morris, he has speed and acceleration that Morris doesn't possess. He brings a different look and scares defenses more.

Morris is a great backup. He is a patient runner who runs hard and breaks tackles. He blocks and catches the ball well. However, he can't threaten a defense outside like LoMo can.

In the end both guys will play a role and the Pats are better off for it. However, I'm not ready to make Maroney the backup to Morris just because Sammy lit up a bad Bengals defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes