PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DT Anthony Rashad White cut; roster now at 75

jmt57

Staff member
Reaction score

That leaves the potential backups to Vince Wilfork and Tommy Kelly that are currently on the roster as:

• Marcus Forston
  • Joe Vellano
  • Scott Vallone

Last edited:
Is White eligible for the practice squad? He seems to have potential to me. I'd like to see him added to the PS.

Is White eligible for the practice squad? He seems to have potential to me. I'd like to see him added to the PS.

He has to clear waivers.

I get Vellano and Vallone mixed up... which one started against the Lions in place of Wilfork?

Vellano...

Dang...I really had high hope for the guy. He was a mountain. Thought he could at least be a replacement for Love.

Aww, there goes my practice squad prediction. :D

What an enigma. White looked really good on the field to me, but he's been shown the door early by two good organizations. I guess the question marks about his effort and conditioning really show through outside of games.

Last edited:
What an enigma. White looked really good on the field to me, but he's been shown the door early by two good organizations. I guess the question marks about his effort and conditioning really show through outside of games.

Yeah, he was the only scrub DT who looked worth a damn to me.

That makes things really thin on the DL for Thursday's game. Makes me wonder whether a signing and another cut are in the offing. Or maybe BB is happy to give Vellano, Vallone, and Forston a workout. Any likely candidates out there on the waiver wire?

If they don't pick up another team's cut, then welcome to the team, Vellano.

That leaves the potential backups to Vince Wilfork and Tommy Kelly that are currently on the roster as:

• Marcus Forston
  • Joe Vellano
  • Scott Vallone

I personally only see it as Marcus Fortson and Joe Vellano as potential backups. Scott Vallone is 6’2 273 pounds according to his pro day numbers, not somebody I’d want playing inside on early downs, actually to be completely honest he is not someone I want playing on any downs inside or out :puke:

I personally only see it as Marcus Fortson and Joe Vellano as potential backups. Scott Vallone is 6’2 273 pounds according to his pro day numbers, not somebody I’d want playing inside on early downs, actually to be completely honest he is not someone I want playing on any downs inside or out :puke:

Ok, I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that he's from Rutgers.

That makes things really thin on the DL for Thursday's game. Makes me wonder whether a signing and another cut are in the offing. Or maybe BB is happy to give Vellano, Vallone, and Forston a workout. Any likely candidates out there on the waiver wire?

Richard Seymour, who wouldn't play Thursday. I have my fingers crossed for before his drop dead date of next Monday or Tuesday.

I'm prepared to be disappointed but BB's apparent lack of interest in getting DT help gives me hope.

*chatter*. Oh, yes he would ..... if we'd pay. :)

Cunningham will play some DT Thursday.

Last edited:
Presuming that Wilfork and Kelly don't play, we have the players you mentioned. We also have DE's that have played a bit inside: Francis, Benard and Cunningham. FInally, as far as I'm concerned, Bequette can play DT for the 2nd half.

If Belichick didn't have this covered, he would have kept White. He other choices as far as cuts.

Gilbert Pena has nice size, 6'4, 320 pounds. At worst he is depth for Wilfork which we currently don't have. He also played at Ole Miss for two years. Gotta love guys that come out of the SEC trenches.

White was waived/injured, meaning they didn't just cut him by choice.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back