PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dolphins want Arrington to take less to ppay for Saban

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_T26

Banned
Reaction score
anyone else a little annoyed at the media and Saban. The guy goes 9-7 in his first season, 5 of the wins down the stratch were against teams picking in the top 10, and one win was against the Pats 3rd stringers, yet he is some genius considering the team was 10-6 under wanny 2 years before with perhaps lesser talent. I just think he is a bit overatted.

Dolphins | Team may have a second visit with Arrington
Mon, 27 Mar 2006 06:18:40 -0800

Armando Salguero and Jason Cole, of the Miami Herald, report the Miami Dolphins may schedule a second visit with free agent LB LaVar Arrington (Redskins). The Dolphins don't necessarily want to meet Arrington's asking price, but the source said the Dolphins want to convince Arrington that playing in head coach Nick Saban's scheme is worth lowering his asking price because it would increase his worth in the future.

Let's see... how do you spell it?

Pffffffffffffftttttttttt

R_T26 said:
the source said the Dolphins want to convince Arrington that playing in head coach Nick Saban's scheme is worth lowering his asking price because it would increase his worth in the future.
No different from us, I guess, the secret is in finding players willing to take less . . . it's not happening much this offseason.

R_T26 said:
anyone else a little annoyed at the media and Saban. The guy goes 9-7 in his first season, 5 of the wins down the stratch were against teams picking in the top 10, and one win was against the Pats 3rd stringers, yet he is some genius considering the team was 10-6 under wanny 2 years before with perhaps lesser talent. I just think he is a bit overatted.

Armando Salguero and Jason Cole, of the Miami Herald, report the Miami Dolphins may schedule a second visit with free agent LB LaVar Arrington (Redskins). The Dolphins don't necessarily want to meet Arrington's asking price, but the source said the Dolphins want to convince Arrington that playing in head coach Nick Saban's scheme is worth lowering his asking price because it would increase his worth in the future.

Have fun trying to get that one past the Poston brothers!!!
:rofl:

edzo44 said:
Have fun trying to get that one past the Poston brothers!!!
:rofl:
The problem with the Dolphins' arguement is that Arrington isn't that young to be playing for his next contract. He'll be 28 in June, unless the Dolphins are talking about a one or two year contract, the future is now for big money.

La

We sell them on winning, not upping their earning potential.

R_T26 said:

The short answer to your original question is YES.

However, I'm wary of ragging a team like Miami about 5 of their 9 wins being against teams drafting in the top ten, since 6 of our own 10 wins also fit that description.

R_T26 said:

yes. Saban annoys me. He may be a good coach but I'm beginning to see
a big difference between him and Coach Belichick.

Saban seem to be going after top players. Seems to be willing to spend
a bunch. Is trying to get a playoff team in two years. Seems to be
focusing on the short term.

BB seems to stay away from the big names big ticket guys and rather
he finds value elsewhere that he can coach up. BB had a five year plan
although he didn't need it that was his plan.

LloydBraun said:
We sell them on winning, not upping their earning potential.

Maybe WE need to work on our selling skills because right now, no one is buying.

A lot of you want Arrington here and if he played here he would no doubt have to take less money than he wants. Now another team is doing the same thing and we're supposed to be mad over it? Grow up. What happens when Moulds signs with another team? Then what? We start talking about guys in NFL Europe that BB can coach up?

JR4 said:
yes. Saban annoys me. He may be a good coach but I'm beginning to see
a big difference between him and Coach Belichick.

Saban seem to be going after top players. Seems to be willing to spend
a bunch. Is trying to get a playoff team in two years. Seems to be
focusing on the short term.

BB seems to stay away from the big names big ticket guys and rather
he finds value elsewhere that he can coach up. BB had a five year plan
although he didn't need it that was his plan.

He doesnt have the luxury of drafted talent. From the Wanny era we have less than 7 players left of the 50+ that he drafted. Saban is driven. He wants to win and he will not make excuses. He made all the players a promise after the Patriots game.
"This will be the last 16 game season while i'm here..."

You gotta love that.

And as to all those who say Wanny could do the same HE COULDN'T!

We purged over 63% of the roster our first year! We started off cash-strapped and talentless. Then in less than 2 years Saban gets a Franchise LT, a Franchise QB, and a Franchise RB.

We went 9-7 with a new staff, new players, and new systems across the board. We drafted talent for the future, and bought vets for the present.
3 of our draft picks were full-time productive starters, and not a single one has been cut.

We had the most passing plays of 30+ yards, and were second in the league in sacks.

Thats is called "Executing the process of winning".

Who cares if you like it, but you are a fool to not respect it.

I might not like the Patriots, But you will never see me write them off...

Welker83 said:

When you win something we will. Untill then Only a fool calls it the "process of winning."

Odlirama said:
When you win something we will. Untill then Only a fool calls it the "process of winning."

So Nick saban is a fool? I'll remeber that.

Who does Miami think they are? What have they proven? They haven't made the playoffs in like 4 years and suddenly because they got a quarterback who threw 6 TDs and 12 Ints last season, they are contenders?

Welker83 said:
He doesnt have the luxury of drafted talent. From the Wanny era we have less than 7 players left of the 50+ that he drafted. Saban is driven. He wants to win and he will not make excuses. He made all the players a promise after the Patriots game.
"This will be the last 16 game season while i'm here..."

You gotta love that.

And as to all those who say Wanny could do the same HE COULDN'T!

We purged over 63% of the roster our first year! We started off cash-strapped and talentless. Then in less than 2 years Saban gets a Franchise LT, a Franchise QB, and a Franchise RB.

We went 9-7 with a new staff, new players, and new systems across the board. We drafted talent for the future, and bought vets for the present.
3 of our draft picks were full-time productive starters, and not a single one has been cut.

We had the most passing plays of 30+ yards, and were second in the league in sacks.

I might not like the Patriots, But you will never see me write them off...

LJ Shelton is not a franchise LT.

And Culpepper without Moss is nothing more then an average QB. Just look at what he did last season in comparison with Brad Johnson.

Last edited:
How good was tom brady when your Defense was folding faster than an origami competition. Remeber KC? or SD? If the defense sucks so will the QB. It puts them in an obvious passing situation and makes it easy for the defense to play the pass.

Add in the loss of an OC and your Top target and yeah...a great QB would look average.

and yet it has happened to our QB(Givens, Branch, Brown, Graham, out with injuries, plus losing Weis) and he still had a great season.

drewdagreat said:
and yet it has happened to our QB(Givens, Branch, Brown, Graham, out with injuries, plus losing Weis) and he still had a great season.

And if pepper hadn't got injured he could have had a good end to the season.... Who honestly thinks brad johnson is better than pepper?

Welker83 said:
So Nick saban is a fool? I'll remeber that.
Woooooooooooooo.
Please don't! I take it all back. I didn't mean it I swear.

Welker83 said:
How good was tom brady when your Defense was folding faster than an origami competition. Remeber KC? or SD? If the defense sucks so will the QB. It puts them in an obvious passing situation and makes it easy for the defense to play the pass.

Add in the loss of an OC and your Top target and yeah...a great QB would look average.
If you watched those games you would see that the offense in those games decided to show up for only half the game. Our hole offense was very inconsistent this year. There are only a few games were they played well the whole game. It had nothing to do with the Defense sucking @$$. Yet Tom had arguably his best season statistically speaking

Who cares what Saban wants? Just wondering....... :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes