PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dolphins vs. Pats: week 1 Breakdown & Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I had the time, but I have to work for a living. Also by the time I get half done, it'll be time for the Chargers game.

From this point on I'll focus on key plays of the game.

Heh - request made in jest my man!

I can see how much time it takes to study film, break down - get the terminology right.

I think its a fantastic idea to break down a key offensive and defensive series or even key play each week.

Thanks again:rocker::rocker:

Whenever I have time here and there, I'll try to add more. Other posters can feel free to throw in their 2 cents.

Next drive for Dolphins, a quick 3 and out.

Ocho's first official snap is an inauspicious one. Fumbled on basic football, when the TE lines up on your side of the field, you must move off the line. He doesn't (I can only think its big time jitters because how can you fail to see a big Gronk motion to your side?) and triggers illegal formation which negates a big Gronk gain on the seam, and is immediately yanked.

I wouldn't read too much into this, though. Something easily correctable.

End of 1st Q.

One thing that strikes me about our offense is that it is moving pretty quick. Not just in hurry up but in the amount of time it takes to snap. Virtually every snap you can find at least one unprepared defenseman. I'd daresay they've even snapped a few times with 30 seconds left on the play clock.

They have absolutely no answers for our TE's who are so athletic and quick they should be classifed as WR's. I think this is defining a new era in the NFL, where the lines between positions are starting to get blurred.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents