PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dolphins snatching Amendola

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the money they offered it makes sense for him to take it and for the Pats not to make a competitive offer. Bummer to see him go, though, was hoping we could keep him.

Purely on the field, it won't affect us that much. Edelman will come back guns blazing with 13 months to rehab. Cooks, Edelman & Hogan is one of the best WR trios in the league while we have Mitchell/Dorsett hopefully to provide depth.

Intangibles wise, I don't like this one bit.

We also still have Kenny Britt.

Britt - sucks
Dorsett - sucks
Edelman - injury prone
Hogan - good
Mitchell - injury prone
Lots to be excited about

Seeing your analysis is truly disheartening. If only you were on board with their current WR corps, we'd all feel so much better. You are the straw that stirs the Patsfans.com drink.

But, we'll find a way to slog forward, even without your stamp of approval.

Seeing your analysis is truly disheartening. If only you were on board with their current WR corps, we'd all feel so much better. You are the straw that stirs the Patsfans.com drink.

But, we'll find a way to slog forward, even without your stamp of approval.
I value your opinion of me a ton, thanks...gotta go tell my wife and kids some patsfans poster doesn't like what I said on an internet message board:confused::rolleyes:

this sucks. love Amendola. I'm happy for him getting the money. the question is if he can handle being a full-time receiver without getting hurt. the pats managed him perfectly. ill miss his clutch play.

Better be for a ton of money.
Think it was Reiss who said his guaranteed money is more than the Pats paid him for the past three years total.

I think the 'Phins overpaid, but they may be trying to buy some of the Patriots' culture.

Glad that Dola finally got his money. I had a feeling something like this might happen. Too bad he went to a division rival so we get to see him twice a year, not including playoffs. The Phins finally got some payback for losing Wes Welker. Best of luck to a solid team player, except when he plays the Pats.

You know you're a total honk when you mention Kenny Britt and Phil Dorsett.

Enjoy that 2016 title, it's the last one we're getting for a while.

I enjoyed the 2016 one a lot.
The 2014 one was good too.
The 2003 and 2004 ones were awesome. Back to back.
The 2001 one was special because that was the first.
It’s hard to choose!

Honestly, the deepest position on the team.
Loved the post-season heroics.
But with Edelman, Cooks, Hogan, Mitchell, and the rest of the depth, it's not an area of priority. $6mm a year for terrific depth? That's not a decision the Patriots make.

If the headlines tomorrow say Solder left, then we have some real concern.

The Patriots need to re-sign a very good LT, find a good corner, a good LB, and a good DE. Would be nice to re-sign Dion Lewis.
But this defense needs to get a LOT better, and the offense is just fine with those four receivers.

I am going to miss Amendola. He was a true Patriot. The players will miss him as well.

I can't blame him he only has a couple of years left so go out making as much as he can.

I wish him the best. I will follow him weekly.

I sure hope Edelman is coming back at 100%.

Honestly, with that gf of his, I'd be all about the beach too.

Hate seeing him go. Hopefully it opens up more opportunities for Mitchell/Dorsett/britt, lots of potential there.

I’m sorry but why the ***** a divisional rival is getting our best WR? While JE was out Amendola was the go to guy!!! Omfg!

Amendola was not our “best” receiver. It was cooks and/or edelman and Hogan is above him on the depth chart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST