PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does anyone think Tomase EVER had a source??

Status
Not open for further replies.

RhodyPatriot

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I don't. Tomase had rumors and thought the NY Times was closing in on the story so he ran with it.
Btw Gery Callahan is making a total fool of himself on WEEI this morning. Very funny stuff. Gerry's spinning worse than the tazmanian devil. Hilarious!!!!!:D

Last edited:
As i said in another thread, my guess is it all happenned like this and after the events of yesterday and the Herald's apology I feel stronger than ever about it:

For years the walkthrough tape rumor has been out there according to Felger. The rumors came from Walsh lying to people to make his tiny role with the Pats more important. I believe he also did so on his resume. It really isn't that uncommon for people to exagerate to impress others. He tells some friends/acquaintances some tall tales and the rumor starts.

He starts getting calls from reporters - now he again gets to feel important. He doesn't deny the story but also won't go on the record confirming it becasue he fears lying about the Pats and getting sued. This is again consistent with how he continued to act until yesterday.

So Tomase and the Herald are giddy - this is a career story. A Pulitzer winning story and they are thisclose. One other source or one moment of weakness for Walsh were he says it on the record and everyone involved on the Herald is famous.

Then the Times puts Walsh's name in the paper. Then ESPN puts more info about him. The Senator from Comcast is on the case and he is going to want to talk to Walsh. Tomase and his editors are frantic. Others are on to their career story. If they don't act fast, their 5 months of work and their mansions on the beach, their appearance on Larry King, etc. all goes up in smoke. All the Coaches Cameramen won't have Russell Crow playing Tomase. So they run what they have because well, it has to be true. Where there is smoke, there is fire, right and they did not pursue it for 5 months to have their dreams stolen. They need to run it Saturday because they fear one of the big guns (NYT, ESPN) has the story nailed and is holding to Jackie MacMullen it on Super Sunday.

The walkthrough story is nothing more than a bunch of nobodies (Walsh, tomase, Herald editors) wanting to be bigger men than they are. It is lying to a girl at a bar to the 10000 power.

Who is Tomase's source? Indirectly it is Walsh. Tomase's source is a guy who heard it from a guy who heard it from a guy who knows Matt Walsh and says Walsh not only did it, he has the tape.

So you're agreeing with me that Tomase never had a source. He had rumors.

I don't think he had a source. But he did have a source of donuts apparently.

I don't think he had a source. But he did have a source of donuts apparently.

There's a Dunkin Donuts and a Krispy Kreme near the stadium in Foxborough.

Make that "various sources close to the team".:p

His source was a friend of a friend, its pretty poor journalism if you ask me.. But they are small fish in a pond of parana waiting to get the pats..

Yes, I think it's obvious that Matt Walsh likes to exaggerate his position with the Patriots and told stories to people that weren't true.
Some acquaintance talked to the media heads.
Story should never have been run.

Yes, I think he had a source.

His source told him that Matt Walsh was at the Rams walk-thru. His source told him that the Pats had info about what happened at the walk-thru. His source told him that Walsh's job was to do taping.

His source may have even speculated that Walsh probably taped the game.

But he did not have a source that said he saw the tape.

Then walsh left Tommose and the Pats to twist in the wind for months, over this....He should have just come out and say it there was no tape...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News