PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you believe this BB statement on punting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why I oughta....

You from/been to Ireland?

Course. Minor in Irish Literature (selfish action).

Goodell and .4 PSI has nothing on the ancients going to war over pigs and cattle. Excuses have their uses.

If Ravens had lost to us like Denver did in 2013 this would be banned already.

Also, on the punting, besides the opposite spin, I wonder if there is some English on the ball similar to the junk a left handed pitcher naturally imparts on the ball. You baseball fans will know what I'm talking about. It's not explainable, that I know of.
Probably just doesn't want a) other teams copying him, or (more likely) b) doesn't want the other teams passing rules barring left footed punters. For the integrity of the game, doncha know?

Probably just doesn't want a) other teams copying him, or (more likely) b) doesn't want the other teams passing rules barring left footed punters. For the integrity of the game, doncha know?
By not admitting it he's made it into a big deal.

In soccer I remember quite a few players with a cannon in the left leg causing harm to a human wall in fouls. Also usually left footers are better kicking fouls, either bombs and curve balls, better touch and ball location. I think there is more to this story, it probably deserves another 1st round pick for deception. Soulless BB.

He absolutely does and will even more so with this deflate nonsense. It has to stop, though. It's gotten so bad that they almost can't stop the Patriots from being competitive, but they will be able to destroy the sport itself by awarding trophies to ***** ass teams like the Colts through rule changes and stealing better teams draft picks.

After all this, do the Colts even think they have a chance to beat the Patriots after getting destroyed and awarding themselves the crybaby runner up trophy.

What happens to the psyche of the rest of the league if they can win 10-12 games with Garoppollo at QB and they keep pulling players from Popeye's fried chicken that have impact in Super Bowls?

Psychological advantage made me think of something from an old Irish legend. Look up Cuchulain if you want to see what a competitive mindf*ck is. Won a battle after he was dead.

cuchulainn6.jpg

Stealing Pats draft picks is a start, but what can they do when the Colts pass on Malcom Brown?

All they can do is make sure it isn't the Pats who benefit from Colts' stupidity.

Fascinating stuff, Joe and MG, but I'm, sadly I'm going to have to delete it because it is sidelining a pretty relevant thread topic.

But I enjoyed reading it and would love to see you do the back and forth in the Pub. Honestly, good stuff.

In the past, BB has commented on how the ball spins the opposite direction when punted by lefties. He stated that it is a significant factor for opposing teams, and had could cause issues to his own team because they could have issues catching punts from right footed punters after practicing with lefties. If I remember correctly, he also mentioned that although he covets lefty punters, it isn't a "requirement". He spoke about this quite some time ago, and I don't have a link.
I always thought that was it ... returners are more used to right foot punters ....
Even if there's a minute possibility for miscalculation from the other team Belichick uses it to his advantage.

In the past, BB has commented on how the ball spins the opposite direction when punted by lefties. He stated that it is a significant factor for opposing teams, and had could cause issues to his own team because they could have issues catching punts from right footed punters after practicing with lefties. If I remember correctly, he also mentioned that although he covets lefty punters, it isn't a "requirement". He spoke about this quite some time ago, and I don't have a link.

Yes, I remember that too. I think in the end, Belichick will take the best punter available regardless if they are a right or left footed punter but given a preference he would take a left footed punter.

I haven't really thought of it before or really noticed but has Belichick brought a right footed punter into TC so his players could also practice against right footed punters? I know he has brought kickers in but don't recall punters.

Left-handed QBs have an advantage because their blind side is away from the opposition's best pass rushers.

I wonder if that isn't a teeny little part of it too: Most teams design their "punt block" returns for a right-footed kicker.

I always love highlights of us beating the Jets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back