PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Direct TV and Sunday NFL Ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

rabthepat

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
I called Direct TV yesterday and had a question about my bill and as we were hanging up the lady says to me "you are aware your HD DVR will be obsolete on 9/1/07"? I said "no". She said they are increasing the bandwidth and my TIVO HD DVR cannot handle it. They are replacing the HD DVR and dish next week. She said some people will have to pay $400.

If you haven't been contacted by them you might want to call and check.

Last edited:
I called Direct TV yesterday and had a question about my bill and as we were hanging up the lady says to me "you are aware your HD DVR will be obsolete on 9/1/07"? I said "no". She said they are increasing the bandwidth and my TIVO HD DVR cannot handle it. They are replacing the HD DVR and dish next week. She said some people will have to pay $400.

Hmm.. Good thing I haven't gotten the HD DVR yet. As for the Dish, did you not have the new oval?

Hmm.. Good thing I haven't gotten the HD DVR yet. As for the Dish, did you not have the new oval?

Yes, I have the 3 cone oval but they are updating that also.

Yes, I have the 3 cone oval but they are updating that also.

OK. Yeah, to the 5 cone oval.
Because of the issues you had, I called today to see about my stuff and I am all set...

OK. Yeah, to the 5 cone oval.
Because of the issues you had, I called today to see about my stuff and I am all set...

Do you have a newer DVR? or did they give you some kind of adapter?

Ugh, CSRs are the worst. What she should've told you is that you won't be able to get any of the new HD channels DirecTV is launching with their new sat. Those are MPEG4 and can only be decoded by the newer DTV receivers (H20 or HR20). You cannot adapt the current HD Tivo units to receive these new HD channels.

You'll still be able to get existing HD channels fine, including the Sunday Ticket channels. At least this year...They will start switching existing HD channels to the new satellite sometime in 2008.

Do you have a newer DVR? or did they give you some kind of adapter?

*chuckle* I don't have an HD DVR. Not yet. Its my X-mas present this year from me to myself. But I was worried about my dish.

The newer HD boxes have a special "B" Converter that has to be attached to the line going into the HD box. The newer HD DVRs I believe have it built in or give you two of them. Not sure which.

Ugh, CSRs are the worst. What she should've told you is that you won't be able to get any of the new HD channels DirecTV is launching with their new sat. Those are MPEG4 and can only be decoded by the newer DTV receivers (H20 or HR20). You cannot adapt the current HD Tivo units to receive these new HD channels.

You'll still be able to get existing HD channels fine, including the Sunday Ticket channels. At least this year...They will start switching existing HD channels to the new satellite sometime in 2008.

According to what I was told, it will be January of 2008 when they role out the 2nd batch of HD channels that are getting upgraded.

Thanksf or the info...you should work for Direct TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back